Featured Groups: A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier
PGA TOUR LIVE to cover fall portion of PGA TOUR regular season for first time
September 10, 2019
By Staff, PGATOUR.COM
- September 10, 2019
- Keegan Bradley and Bryson DeChambeau will play with Scott Piercy in the first two rounds of A Military Tribute at the Greenbrier. (Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
As the 2019-20 PGA TOUR season kicks off this week at A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, the PGA TOUR released today the featured groupings for Thursday and Friday at The Old White TPC in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
To watch the featured groupings on Thursday-Friday, fans in the United States can tune into the Golf Channel telecast (2-6 p.m. ET). PGA TOUR LIVE, the PGA TOUR’s Over-The-Top subscription service, has expanded its coverage to the fall and will broadcast Thursday-Friday at all domestic PGA TOUR events during the fall portion of the 2019-20 schedule. PGA TOUR LIVE can be viewed via subscription on NBC Sports Gold and Amazon Prime Video Channels.
Marc Leishman, Branden Grace, Sungjae Im
Tee times: Thursday, 12:45 p.m. (No. 1); Friday, 7:45 a.m. (No. 10)
• Leishman, who will lead the International Team at the Presidents Cup in his native Australia, makes his sixth start in the event; September is Sepsis Awareness Month and Leishman plays in honor of the Begin Again Foundation, founded by Leishman and wife, Audrey, after her near-death experience with sepsis.
• South Africa’s Grace makes his tournament debut as he hopes to catch the eye of International Team Captain Ernie Els, who will make four Captain’s Picks the week of November 4.
• Im, the lone rookie to qualify for the TOUR Championship in the 2018-19 season, seeks both a Presidents Cup berth and his first PGA TOUR win after seven top-10s last season.
Kevin Na, Bubba Watson, Scott Stallings
Thursday, 12:55 p.m. (No. 1); Friday, 7:55 a.m. (No. 10)
• Na won the last edition of A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier held in 2018, and went on to become the third consecutive winner of the event to advance to the season-ending TOUR Championship.
• A part-time Greenbrier resident, Watson seeks his 13th PGA TOUR win as he makes his sixth start in the event.
• Stallings won the first of his three PGA TOUR victories at the 2011 A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier.
Jimmy Walker, Jason Dufner, Zach Johnson
Thursday, 7:45 a.m. (No. 10); Friday, 12:45 p.m. (No. 1)
• Walker has three top-five finishes in seven previous starts at A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier.
• Dufner, who will compete at The Greenbrier for the first time, finished No. 136 in the 2018-19 FedExCup standings, missing out on the FedExCup Playoffs for the first time since 2008.
• Johnson, who missed the FedExCup Playoffs in 2018-19 for the first time in the FedExCup era, will also be making his tournament debut.
Bryson DeChambeau, Keegan Bradley, Scott Piercy
Thursday, 7:55 a.m. (No. 10); Friday, 12:55 p.m. (No. 1)
• The highest-ranked player in the field from the 2018-19 FedExCup standings, DeChambeau won the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in fall of 2018, his lone PGA TOUR win in 2018-19 and fifth career title.
• Bradley has never missed a cut in six starts at The Old White TPC and finished T4 in 2014.
• Piercy recorded a career-best six top-10s in 2018-19, three of which came during the fall portion of the schedule.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Television: Thursday-Friday, 2 p.m.–6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel)
PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. ET (featured groups)
Radio: Thursday-Friday, 12 p.m.-6 p.m. ET. Saturday-Sunday 1 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio)