Featured Groups: BMW Championship
August 12, 2019
By Staff, PGATOUR.COM
- August 12, 2019
Inside the PGA TOUR
New format for 2019 FedExCup Playoffs
The PGA TOUR released today the four featured groupings for Thursday-Friday at the penultimate event of the FedExCup Playoffs, the BMW Championship at Medinah Country Club (No. 3) in Medinah, Illinois.
Friday’s featured groupings on PGA TOUR LIVE will include Tiger Woods, C.T. Pan and Billy Horschel, while the second will be determined by a Fan Vote.
FAN VOTE FRIDAY CHOICES:
11:21 AM/ET: Marc Leishman / Rickie Fowler / Chez Reavie
11:37 AM/ET: Dustin Johnson / Webb Simpson / Justin Rose
11:48 AM/ET: Matt Kuchar / Jon Rahm / Patrick Cantlay
HOW TO FOLLOW
TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 3-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 12-3 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (NBC). Sunday, 12-2 p.m. (GC), 2-6 p.m. (NBC)
PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 9:45 a.m.-7 p.m. (featured groups). Saturday, 8:15 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes). Sunday, 8:15 a.m.-2 p.m. (featured groups), 2-6 p.m. (featured holes). International subscribers (via GOLF.tv): Thursday-Friday, 11:15 to 22:00 GMT. Saturday-Sunday, 12:30 to 22:00.
Brooks Koepka, Patrick Reed, Rory McIlroy (FedExCup Nos. 1, 2 and 3)
Thursday, August 15, 10:48 a.m. Friday, August 16, 12:54 p.m.
• Koepka enters the event No. 1 in the FedExCup standings on the strength of three wins (THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES, PGA Championship, World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational) and three runner-up finishes on the season
• Reed moved to No. 2 in the standings with a win at THE NORTHERN TRUST, his second career victory in the FedExCup Playoffs
• McIlroy, winner of the event in 2012 and the only past FedExCup champion in the top 10 of the standings, is looking to become just the second player with multiple FedExCup titles (Tiger Woods/2007, 2009)
Matt Kuchar, Jon Rahm, Patrick Cantlay (FedExCup Nos. 4, 5 and 6)
Thursday, August 15, 1:05 p.m. Friday, August 16, 10:48 a.m.
• Kuchar held the lead in the FedExCup standings for a TOUR-best 17 weeks during the Regular Season; he will return to the TOUR Championship after missing out in 2018 for the first time in nine seasons
• Rahm is coming off a T3 at THE NORTHERN TRUST, clinching a berth in the TOUR Championship for the third time in his third full season on TOUR
• Cantlay, winner of the 2019 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide, is second on TOUR in Scoring Average (69.170; leader: Rory McIlroy)
Xander Schauffele, Abraham Ancer, Gary Woodland (FedExCup Nos. 7, 8 and 9)
Thursday, August 15, 10:37 a.m. Friday, August 16, 12:43 p.m.
• One of four players to win multiple events this season, Schauffele is No. 7 in the FedExCup standings and finished in the top 15 in both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons
• With a runner-up at THE NORTHERN TRUST, Ancer moved to No. 8 in the FedExCup standings, clinching a berth in the TOUR Championship as well as a spot on the 2019 International Presidents Cup Team
• The 2019 U.S. Open champion, Woodland has been in the top 10 in the FedExCup standings since the third week of the season, the longest active streak on TOUR
Dustin Johnson, Webb Simpson, Justin Rose (FedExCup Nos. 10, 11 and 12)
Thursday, August 15, 12:54 p.m. Friday, August 16, 10:37 a.m.
• Johnson has four career wins in the FedExCup Playoffs, tied with Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods for the most all-time
• Simpson, runner-up in three of his last six starts, has top-10s in each of the last two seasons at the BMW Championship
• Rose lost to Keegan Bradley in a playoff at the 2018 BMW Championship before going on to win the FedExCup