Featured Groups: John Deere Classic
July 09, 2019
By Staff, PGATOUR.COM
- July 09, 2019
- Matthew Wolff headlines featured groups alongside Charles Howell III and Kevin Tway. (Rob Carr/Getty Images)
Matthew Wolff, last week’s winner of the 3M Open, will be part of this week’s Featured Groups coverage for the first two rounds of the John Deere Classic.
Defending champ Michael Kim is also part of the coverage; among his playing partners is local favorite Zach Johnson, who’s hoping for a big week to move inside the top 125 with the FedExCup Playoffs approaching.
Here’s a look at this week’s Featured Groups (current FedExCup ranking in parentheses):
HOW TO FOLLOW
TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 4-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:45 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).
PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. ET (featured groups). Saturday-Sunday, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes). International subscribers (via GOLF.tv): Thursday-Friday, 12:00 to 23:00 GMT. Saturday-Sunday, 13:30 to 22:00.
RADIO: Thursday-Friday, 1-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).
FEATURED GROUPS (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
Cameron Champ, Daniel Berger, Joel Dahmen
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. ET (No. 10); Friday: 1:40 p.m. ET (No. 1)
• Champ (55): The 2018 Sanderson Farms Championship winner leads the TOUR in Driving Distance (325.6 yards) and sits sixth in Strokes Gained: Off the Tee (.775).
• Berger (117): The 2015 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year comes off a T-15 at last week’s 3M Open – his best finish since February.
• Dahmen (48): The 2014 PGA TOUR Canada - Mackenzie Tour Player of the Year is having a breakthrough campaign thanks to a runner-up finish at the Wells Fargo Championship.
Matthew Wolff, Charles Howell III, Kevin Tway
Thursday: 8:40 a.m. ET (No. 10); Friday: 1:50 p.m. ET (No. 1)
• Wolff (*73): Winning last week’s 3M Open with an eagle on the 72nd hole (click here), the 20-year-old Wolff became the ninth youngest winner in TOUR history. (*-expected FedExCup ranking once his status becomes official).
• Howell (15): The reigning RSM Classic champ is the field’s highest ranked player in the FedExCup standings.
• Tway (33): Won the Safeway Open last fall and tied for fifth at the recent Travelers Championship.
Nate Lashley, Jhonattan Vegas, Ryan Palmer
Thursday: 1:40 p.m. ET (No. 1); Friday: 8:30 a.m. ET (No. 10)
• Lashley (41): His storybook win at the Rocket Mortgage Classic as last alternate in the field, along with his personal journey (click here), received national media attention.
• Vegas (70): Vegas, a member of the 2017 International Presidents Cup Team, currently ranks 26th in the standings for this year’s team.
• Palmer (22): Ended a victory drought dating back to the 2010 Sony Open of Hawaii with a win alongside teammate Jon Rahm at the 2019 Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
Michael Kim, Zach Johnson, Brian Harman
Thursday: 1:50 p.m. ET (No. 1); Friday: 8:40 a.m. ET (No. 10)
• Kim (221): Won the John Deere Classic last year by eight strokes, tied for the largest margin of victory on TOUR since the start of the 2015-16 season
• Johnson (140): The 2012 John Deere Classic champion and a 12-time winner on the PGA TOUR is in jeopardy of missing the FedExCup Playoffs for the first time in his career.
• Harman (100): The 2014 John Deere Classic champion has top-10 finishes in two of his last three starts.