Featured Groups: 3M Open
First-year event presents strong field that includes Koepka, Mickelson, DeChambeau, Day and Reed
July 01, 2019
By Staff, PGATOUR.COM
- July 01, 2019
- Brooks Koepka and Patrick Reed will be in a group with Kevin Na on Thursday and Friday. (Tim Bradbury/Getty Images)
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida – The PGA TOUR has released the four featured groupings for Thursday and Friday at this week’s inaugural 3M Open at TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, Minnesota.
HOW TO FOLLOW
TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 2-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:45 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).
PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. ET (featured groups). Saturday-Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. ET (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. ET (featured holes). International subscribers (via GOLF.tv): Thursday-Friday, 12:00 to 22:30 GMT. Saturday-Sunday, 13:30 to 22:00.
FEATURED GROUPS (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
Brooks Koepka, Kevin Na, Patrick Reed
Thursday: 1:30 p.m. ET (No. 1); Friday: 8:20 a.m. ET (No. 10)
• Koepka is No. 1 in the Official World Golf Ranking and No. 2 in the FedExCup standings, having won twice during the 2018-19 season (THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES, PGA Championship).
• Na’s victory at the 2019 Charles Schwab Challenge was the 23rd all-time by a Korean-born player.
• Reed finished T5 at last week’s Rocket Mortgage Classic, his first top-10 since his first start of the 2018-19 season (T7/WGC-HSBC Champions).
Bryson DeChambeau, Charles Howell III, Keegan Bradley
Thursday: 1:40 p.m. ET (No. 1); Friday: 8:30 a.m. ET (No. 10)
• DeChambeau has four wins in the last two seasons, tied with Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka for the most during that span.
• Howell earned his third career victory at The RSM Classic earlier this season and enters the week 14th in the FedExCup standings; he has not qualified for the TOUR Championship since 2011.
• Bradley has three top-10s this season, highlighted by a runner-up at the Travelers Championship in his most recent start.
Phil Mickelson, Tony Finau, Nate Lashley
Thursday: 8:20 a.m. ET (No. 10); Friday: 1:30 p.m. ET (No. 1)
• Mickelson won his 44th PGA TOUR title at the 2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am; he first played in Minnesota at the 1991 U.S. Open (finished T55 as an amateur).
• Finau finished second to Na at Colonial Country Club, one of his two runner-up finishes this season; the other came in a playoff with Xander Schauffele at the WGC-HSBC Champions.
• Lashley, the last player to get into the field at the Rocket Mortgage Classic, earned his first-ever PGA TOUR victory by a whopping six shots; adding to the story, Lashley has also overcome off-course adversity as his parents and girlfriend tragically died in a plane crash in 2004.
Jason Day, Hideki Matsuyama, Corey Conners
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. ET (No. 10); Friday: 1:40 p.m. ET (No. 1)
• All three players are vying for positions on the 2019 International Presidents Cup Team.
• A 12-time PGA TOUR winner, Day has six top-10s this season, including a tie for eighth at the Travelers Championship in his most recent start.
• Matsuyama made the cut at last week’s Rocket Mortgage Classic to extend his TOUR-best streak of cuts made to 24; has qualified for the TOUR Championship each of the last five years and sits 31st in the FedExCup standings.
• Conners won the 2019 Valero Texas Open to become the first Monday qualifier to win on the PGA TOUR since 2010.