It appears your browser may be outdated. For the best website experience, we recommend updating your browser.
Everything you need to know before coming to the 2018 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
It's that time of year again, Northeast Ohio! We're celebrating 65 years of professional golf being played at Firestone Country Club and the countdown has officially begun until August 1st when gates open.
As if you weren't excited already, here's everything we have going on during tournament week to prepare you for your visit.
Come share our tradition and celebrate all that is great about Northeast Ohio with us. It's so much more than golf. It's an annual celebration that highlights the region, nationally and internationally. Don't have your ticket yet? Don't worry, we've got you covered.
Enjoy access to all on-site public venues, local food and beverage options, rope-side access to the world's best players and much more! See below for ticket options.
We will have an all new Kids Landing in the Pennzoil Fan Zone presented by Firestone Complete Auto Care this year! This area will feature putt-putt competitions, video games, face painting and the all-new Handel's Ice Cream and Nelly Belly's Pizza trucks here!
Fans are encouraged to visit the Kids Landing on the lawn in front of the historic Firestone Country Club clubhouse and scope out the autograph area with a special kids section.
The best day to get an autograph is Wednesday during the players’ practice rounds, and the best spot to go is in the “Autograph Zone” right outside of the Clubhouse.
Pennzoil® Fan Zone presented by Firestone Complete Auto Care
Located behind the 18th green, the Fan Zone is the ultimate location on site for fans to take a break from the action. Here, stop by and enjoy:
• Swenson’s Food Truck - The WGC-Bridgestone Invitational has always been a great place to grab a burger or a snack and watch the best players in the world take on Firestone Country Club. Pick up a delicious Galley Boy Burger here from Akron’s very own Swenson’s Food Truck.
• Bridgestone 16th Hole Green Monster Challenge - Take a shot like the pros on a replica of the famed “Green Monster” 16th hole.
• Kids Landing – Who says all the action is on the course? Enjoy a putt-putt competition, face painting and the all-new Handel’s Ice Cream and Nelly Belly Pizza trucks here!
• WGC Fan Shop – New products are introduced on an annual basis. Fans are encouraged to make a visit early in the week to not miss out on the most popular items.
• Health and Wellness Zone – Enjoy the chance to check in on your personal wellness or beat the heat under a shaded umbrella.
This spectator area, open to everyone, is located between the 10th and 13th greens, with proximity to the 18th tee in the middle of the course. Firestone Village features the Saucy Brew Works Craft Beer Garden and famous burgers from Michael Symon’s B-Spot Burgers.
Grey Goose 19th Hole
No matter the time of day, the Grey Goose 19th Hole has something for everyone. Who doesn’t appreciate a Bloody Mary in the morning? Later in the day, enjoy the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational signature cocktail – The Green Monster Mule. Located near the 14th tee and 17th green next to the Firestone Village, the Grey Goose 19th Hole Lounge is a climate-controlled venue, which is open to the public 21 years of age and older.
Trucks on 12
Stop by the 12th green to check out a variety of food truck options from local vendors, including: Barrio and Hatfield’s Goode Grub. Voted “Best Food Truck” by Cleveland Scene, Barrio offers a variety of taco options. Hatfield’s Goode Grub brings Southern comfort food to Northeast Ohio with BBQ pork, beef and chicken.
Sip William Hill Estate Wines and watch the world's best golfers at the Bridgestone Invitational. Guests 21+.
Find your way to your favorite venue, best on-course seating, concessions and the WGC Fan Shop with the Bridgestone Invitational course map. Click here or see below for course map.
Saturday, Aug. 4 has been dubbed “Sports Fan Pride Day,” when fans can showcase their sports pride by wearing their favorite team’s apparel. To celebrate, team mascots will be on site to interact with fans and players, and follow along with the exciting competition happening on the course.
For all of the latest announcements, activities and giveaways, be sure to follow us on social media. We're known for surprising fans with random gifts, so you never know what could happen. You could walk away with lunch on us, new tournament swag or a sleeve of Bridgestone Golf balls.
On Wednesday, August 1 at 2:15 p.m., fans can participate in an organized walk around Firestone Country Club’s South Course in honor of the late Arnold Palmer. The designated walking course includes a trip around the par-5 16th hole, which includes the Arnold Palmer Bridge, dedicated to the late legend in 2017.
We're honored to offer complimentary admission and hospitality to military members and their families during the tournament, along with discounted tickets for veterans.
There will be a Military Recognition Ceremony held Saturday, August 4 at 9:30 a.m. The ceremony in the Pennzoil Fan Zone presented by Firestone Complete Auto Care will feature military pageantry to honor special achievement military from Northeast Ohio. The ceremony is open to the public.
Long one of the most recognizable voices and storytellers in golf, legendary broadcaster Jim Nantz has been named the 2018 recipient of the Ambassador of Golf Award. The Ambassador of Golf Award is presented annually by Northern Ohio Golf Charities to a person who has fostered the ideals of the game on an international level and whose concern for others extends beyond the golf course. Nantz joins three former CBS colleagues, his longtime producer, Frank Chirkinian (1989), Ken Venturi (1998), his former lead analyst and Nick Faldo (2012), his current partner in the tower at 18, as recipients of the Ambassador of Golf Award.
Uber, the Preferred Transportation Partner of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, is providing fans with a better transportation option to get to-and-from Firestone Country Club. The Uber Zone is located on the corner of 440 East Warner Road and Championship Way at Firestone Country Club.
- All traffic should proceed eastbound on SR 224 to 1204 Massillon Road, Akron, OH 44306, then proceed left on Massillon Road following the signs to public parking entrance at Meggitt Aircraft Braking Systems & Lockheed Martin.
- Public Parking will cost $5 per car. All proceeds benefit Northern Ohio Golf Charities.
- Shuttles will transport spectators to the main entrance at Firestone Country Club.
Wednesday – 7:30AM
Thursday – 8:00 AM (First tee time around 9:20AM)
Friday – 8:00AM (First tee time around 9:20AM)
Saturday – 7:00AM (First tee time around 7:45AM)
Sunday – 7:00AM (First tee time around 7:45AM)
Monday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Wednesday: 7:00AM – 6:30PM
Thursday: 7:30AM – Until one hour after play
Friday: 7:30AM – Until one hour after play
Saturday: 6:30AM – Until one hour after play
Sunday: 6:30AM – 2:00PM
Thursday, August 2
First Championship Round
First Tee Time 9:20am
Friday, August 3
Second Championship Round
First Tee Time 9:20am
Saturday, August 4
Third Championship Round
Sunday, August 5
Final Championship Round
First Tee Time 7:45am
In an effort to create the best environment for the competition and our spectators, click here to see the following items will not be allowed onto the grounds. Please avoid any inconvenience by leaving these items at home or in your vehicles. Please be prepared to submit yourself and personal items to inspection.
Mobile Device Policy
• Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
• Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week.
• Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
• No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
• Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week.
• Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
• Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
• All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
© 1995-2021 PGA TOUR, Inc | All Rights Reserved.
PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Web.com Tour, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks.
Web.com is also a registered trademark used here with permission, and used in the Web.com Tour logo with permission.