It appears your browser may be outdated. For the best website experience, we recommend updating your browser.
Golf is a sport the whole family can play, watch and enjoy – so celebrate the last few weeks of summer vacation with a family trip to THE NORTHERN TRUST, without breaking the family piggy-bank. Thanks to this unheard-of-in-any-other-sport deal, kids receive free (THAT’S RIGHT, FREE!) admission with a ticketed adult, making this summertime option an affordable entertainment experience. Take a closer look at some of the family features we've mapped out to create a day that both kids and parents will remember.
Kids 18 and younger are admitted free of charge when accompanied by a ticketed adult, and there is no limit to the number of youth fans admitted with that ticketed adult. So – soccer parents, bring the whole team!
Join the conversation! Tag us on social (@theNTgolf) or use #THENORTHERNTRUST Looking for more? Check out this page specifically built for families heading to THE NORTHERN TRUST
1. Once you walk through the Main Entrance, snap a family selfie with THE NORTHERN TRUST selfie wall, especially while the kids still have no stains or spills on their clothes…
2. Fuel up for the day with a Taylor ham sandwich, New Jersey Breakfast Bowl, homemade pop tarts and a freshly brewed cup of premium illy coffee at the Diner, featuring New Jersey staples your family knows and loves.
3. Load up on sunscreen from MD Anderson Cancer Center’s sunscreen station right by the practice range. And if you need to re-apply throughout the day, we’ve got you covered (literally).*
4. Stop by the PGA TOUR Fan Shop to stock up on keepsakes your kids can get signed by their favorite players. Must-buys include pin flags and giant golf balls. Parent-of-the-Year tip: BYOS (bring your own Sharpies!).
5. It’s “Can-you-sign-this-Jordan-Spieth” time!! Head over to the autograph zone by the practice range for a chance to get those pin flags and giant golf balls signed (and to see super-huge smiles on your kids’ faces). We designate a specific spot that is for KIDS ONLY (we’re looking at you, Dad), and our players tend to make extra time for the cuties in this area.
6. Now on the tee! Make your way to the public bleachers by #1 tee to watch your favorite pros get their days started….that could be your kid one day! #GolfClap
7. Are you ready for some mini-golf, a virtual reality gaming area, golf simulator, digital photo booths and arts and crafts? The First Tee Experience at THE NORTHERN TRUST is a can’t-miss venue for your family. This immersive destination is open to everyone and is the perfect place for parents to unwind and kids to blow off some steam learn The First Tee’s Nine Core Values, play in the air conditioning and make new friends. No matter where you are in your journey, this is the place for families to regroup and relax.
8. “We’re hungry!” Nothing says happy kids like pizza and milkshakes. Go to the Garden State Marketplace, located along #17 fairway, and try the gourmet pizzas from New Jersey and Bergen County favorite Sanducci’s Trattoria. With names like Mickelson’s Margherita Pizza, Bubba’s Broccoli Rabe, Fowler’s Fried Peppers and Onions, Jordan Spieth’s Jersey Favorite and Dustin Johnson’s Honey Bacon, how can you resist? Wash down those slices with Dustin Johnson’s “Caddy Shake” from Shake Shack, a mint cookies & cream milkshake recipe hand selected by defending champion Dustin Johnson. #Smooth
9. Potty time? The Garden State Marketplace has top-notch facilities. And for the record, other restroom options out on the course: Behind #17 green, right of #15 green, left of #12 green, right of #4 green, behind #2 green.
10. If you’re looking for an amazing shaded spot for you and the kiddos to watch the pros attempt to drive the green on a short par 4, head over to the AVIS Experience and its shaded bleachers on #12. Grip it and rip it! There’s also MD Anderson’s Shaded Bleachers on #15 green as well!
11. We know walking alongside your favorite players for a few holes with young kids can be a cat-herding adventure, but if you commit to the journey like Sam did, some awesome things might happen.
12. Check out the other autograph zone by the putting green and have your kids on the lookout for their favorite players exiting the scoring area. It’s common to see top players like Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods and Jordan Spieth spend an incredible amount of time signing away. And there’s nothing like seeing your kids’ faces when they fist-bump their favorite player…
13. Just in case your family runs into any boo-boo situations during your journey, there are two First Aid stations on the course: behind #17 green and left of #12 fairway.
Extra credit: If you’re a Mastercard holder, impress the kids with your VIP (Very Important Parent) access and test your skills at the Mastercard Club featuring Topgolf Crush! Cardholders receive complimentary access into the Mastercard Club for the entire week, located near #17 green. And remember, all Mastercard holders receive a 10-percent discount on all tickets, concessions and merchandise!
For military members, veterans and their families: you are invited to experience the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost presented by United Rentals, a military-exclusive hospitality venue located on #16 tee. Enjoy complimentary food and beverages while enjoying the tournament action from some of the best seats on the course.
*MD Anderson sunscreen stations: Main Entrance, putting green, #2 green, #15 green, Garden State Marketplace (along #17 fairway), The First Round Beer Garden (#12 fairway), #17 green and between #13 fairway and #14 green
© 1995-2019 PGA TOUR, Inc | All Rights Reserved.
PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Web.com Tour, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks.
Web.com is also a registered trademark used here with permission, and used in the Web.com Tour logo with permission.