2019-20 Priority Ranking
September 17, 2019
- September 17, 2019
- The top 30 players in the FedExCup standings will advance to the 2020 TOUR Championship at East Lake. (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
1. Winner of PGA Championship or U.S. Open prior to 1970 or in the last five seasons and the current season:
2. Winner of THE PLAYERS Championship in the last five seasons and the current season:
Kim, Si Woo
3. Winners of the Masters Tournament in the last five seasons and the current season:
4. Winners of The Open Championship in the last five seasons and the current season:
5. Winners of TOUR Championship (2017 & 2018):
6. Winners of World Golf Championships events in the last three seasons and the current season:
6a. Winners of the Memorial Tournament in the last 3 years:
6a. Winners of the Arnold Palmer Invitational in the last 3 years:
7. Winner of the FedExCup in each of the last five seasons:
8. Leader from the final PGA TOUR money list 2015-2016:
9. Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments, whose victories are considered official, within the last two seasons, or during the current season; winners receive an additional season of exemption for each additional win, up to five seasons:
Howell III, Charles
Pan, Cheng Tsung
Potter Jr., Ted
10. Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments as an amateur, whose victories are considered official, within the last two seasons, or during the current season; winners receive an additional season of exemption for each additional win, up to five seasons:
11. Career Money Exemption
Van Pelt, Bo
12. Sponsor exemptions (a maximum of eight, which may include amateurs with handicaps of 0 or less), on the following basis:
13. Two international players designated by the Commissioner.
14. The current PGA Club Professional Champion
15. PGA Section Champion or Player of the Year from the section in which the tournament is played.
16. Four low scorers at Open Qualifying which shall normally be held on Monday of tournament week.
17. Past champions of the particular event being contested that week, if cosponsored by the PGA TOUR and the same tournament sponsor, as follows:
18. Life Members
Love III, Davis
20. Top 125 on Prior Year's FedExCup Points List
Varner III, Harold
An, Byeong Hun
Cabrera Bello, Rafa
21. Players who finished greater than or equal to top 125 on the 2018-19 PGA TOUR Official Season FedExCup Points List through the Wyndham Championship as non-members:
22. Major Medical Extension: If granted by the Commissioner, if not otherwise eligible, and if needed to fill the field, Special Medical Extension.
23. Leading Points Winner from the 2019 Korn Ferry Tour using combined points earned on the Official Korn Ferry Tour Regular Season Points List and Korn Ferry Tour Finals Points List. \r\nLeading Points Winner from the previous seasons Korn Ferry Finals. Three-Time Winners from previous season Korn Ferry Tour.
24. Leading points winner from Korn Ferry Tour & Korn Ferry Tour Finals medical
25. Top 10 and ties, not otherwise exempt, among professionals from the previous open tournament whose victory has official status are exempt into the next open tournament whose victory has official status.
26. The Top 50 and ties from the Korn Ferry Tour Finals from the prior Year reordered based upon year to date FedExCup Points:
27. The Top 50 and ties from Korn Ferry Tour Regular Season.
28. 300 Career Cuts
29. Top Finishers from the Korn Ferry Tour medical:
Berganio Jr., David
30. Players winning three Korn Ferry Tour events in the current season:
31. Minor medical extension:
32. 126-150 Prior Seasons FEC Points List (Reordered)
32a. 126-150 On Prior Season's FedExCup Points List
33. Non-Exempt Major Medical Extension.
34. Reorder category (34-39)
35. Beyond 150 on the previous season's FedExCup Points List.\r\nIf not otherwise eligible and as needed to fill the field, Past Champion members, Team Tournament Winners, and Veteran members beyond 150th place on the previous seasons FedExCup points list in order of their combined official PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour points in the previous season
Hurley III, Billy
de Jonge, Brendon
36. Past Champion Members: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, Past Champion members, in order of the total number of cosponsored or approved events won, excluding Team events.\r\nIf two or more players are tied, the player who is higher on the PGA TOUR Career Money List shall be eligible.
Olazábal, José María
Pernice Jr., Tom
Lickliter II, Frank
Armour III, Tommy
Blake, Jay Don
Short Jr., Wes
37. Special Temporary Members: If during the course of a PGA TOUR season, a nonmember of the PGA TOUR wins an amount of points (e.g., by playing in PGA TOUR events through sponsor exemptions, Open Qualifying, etc.) equal to the amount won in the preceding season by the 150th finisher on the FedExCup points list, he will be eligible to become a special temporary member for the remainder of the season.
38. Team Tournament Winners: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, winners of co-sponsored team championships, in order of the total number of team championship tournaments won.\r\nIf two or more players are tied based on the number of such tournaments won, the player who is higher on the official PGA TOUR Career Money List shall be eligible.
39. Veteran Members: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, Veteran members (players who have made a minimum of 150 cuts during their career), in order of their standing on the PGA TOUR Career Money List.