Featured Groups: Houston Open
October 07, 2019
By Staff, PGATOUR.COM
- October 07, 2019
- Cameron Champ won his second PGA TOUR event earlier this fall at the Safeway Open. (Daniel Shirey/Getty Images)
The PGA TOUR announced today the four featured groupings for Thursday-Friday at the Houston Open, to be contested at the Golf Club of Houston in Humble, Texas.
Full groupings and starting times for the first two rounds of the Houston Open will be released officially at approximately 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 8.
To watch the featured groupings on Thursday-Friday, fans in the United States can tune into the Golf Channel telecast (2-6 p.m. CT). Additionally, PGA TOUR LIVE, the PGA TOUR’s Over-The-Top subscription service, has expanded its coverage to the fall and will broadcast Thursday-Friday at all domestic PGA TOUR events during the fall portion of the 2019-20 schedule. PGA TOUR LIVE can be viewed via subscription on NBC Sports Gold (www.nbcsports.com/pgatour) and Amazon Prime Video Channels (amazon.com/video/pgatourlive).
Daniel Berger, Kevin Chappell, Keegan Bradley
• 2015 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Berger had back-to-back top-five showings in 2016 and 2017 in the Houston Open; 2017 U.S. Presidents Cup Team member.
• 2011 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Bradley has three top-10 finishes in eight starts at the Houston Open; 2013 U.S. Presidents Cup Team member.
• Chappell posted the 11th sub-60 round in PGA TOUR history at A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier in September, his first start since the 2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic; 2017 U.S. Presidents Cup Team member.
Sebastian Munoz, Andrew Landry, Pat Perez
• Sanderson Farms Championship winner Munoz is No. 1 in the FedExCup standings
• Landry won the 2018 Valero Texas Open and is making his first start at the Houston Open since 2015.
• Three-timePGA TOUR winner Perez finished third last week at the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open.
Cameron Champ, Jason Dufner, Henrik Stenson
• Champ, who lives in the Houston area, won the Safeway Open two weeks ago, dedicating the emotional victory to his grandfather, “Pops."
• Former PGA Championship winner Dufner looking for the first victory since the 2017 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide; 2013 U.S. Presidents Cup Team member.
• 2013 FedExCup champion Stenson has three top-three finishes in seven starts at the Houston Open
Jim Herman, D.A. Points, Jhonattan Vegas
• 2016 Houston Open winner Herman captured the Barbasol Championship in July.
• Three-time winner Points won the Houston Open in 2013.
• 2017 International Presidents Cup Team member Vegas, a Houston-area resident, played collegiately at the University of Texas.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Television: Thursday-Friday, 3 p.m.-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 4 p.m.-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel)
PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 8:15 a.m.- 7 p.m. ET (Featured Groups)
Radio: Thursday-Friday, 1 p.m.-7 p.m. ET. Saturday-Sunday, 2 p.m.-7 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio).