2017-18 Priority Ranking
June 11, 2018
By Staff, PGATOUR.COM
- June 11, 2018
- The top 30 players in the FedExCup standings advance to the TOUR Championship at East Lake. (Ryan Young/PGA TOUR)
2017-18 Priority Ranking (as of 5/14/2018)
1. Winner of PGA Championship or U.S. Open prior to 1970 or in the last five seasons and the current season:
Jack Burke, Jr.
2. Winner of THE PLAYERS Championship in the last five seasons and the current season:
Si Woo Kim
3. Winners of the Masters Tournament in the last five seasons and the current season:
4. Winners of The Open Championship in the last five seasons and the current season:
5. Winners of THE TOUR Championship in the last three seasons and the current season:
6. Winners of World Golf Championships events in the last three seasons and the current season:
6a. Winners of the Arnold Palmer Invitational and the Memorial Tournament in the last three seasons and the current season, beginning with the 2015 winners.
7. Leader from the final FedExCup points list in each of the last five seasons:
8. Leader from the final PGA TOUR money list 2013-2016:
9. Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments, whose victories are considered official, within the last two seasons, or during the current season; winners receive an additional season of exemption for each additional win, up to five seasons:
Billy Hurley III
Ted Potter Jr.
11a. Players among the top 50 in career earnings as of the end of the preceding season may elect to use a one-time exemption for the next season:
Bo Van Pelt
11b. Players among the Top 25 in career earnings as of the end of the preceding season may elect to use this special one-time exemption for the next season.
12. Sponsor exemptions (a maximum of eight, which may include amateurs with handicaps of 0 or less), on the following basis:
A. Not less than two sponsor invitees shall be PGA TOUR members not otherwise exempt.
B. Not less than two of the 2017 Top Finishers of the Web.com Tour, if not all can otherwise be accommodated.
NOTE: PGA TOUR members may receive an unlimited number of sponsor invitations. Non-TOUR members may receive a maximum of seven per year.
13. Two international players designated by the Commissioner.
14. The current PGA Club Professional Champion up to 6 open events (3 must be opposite The Open Championship and World Golf Championships events), in addition to any sponsor selections. The exemption does not apply to open, limited-field events.
15. PGA Section Champion or Player of the Year of the Section in which the tournament is played.
16. Four low scorers at Open Qualifying which shall normally be held on Monday of tournament week.
17. Past champions of the particular event being contested that week, if cosponsored by the PGA TOUR and the same tournament sponsor, as follows:
A. Winners prior to July 28, 1970: unlimited exemptions for such events.
B. Winners after Jan. 1, 2000: five seasons of exemptions for such events.
18. Life Members (who have been active members of the PGA TOUR for 15 years and have won at least 20 co-sponsored events).
Davis Love III
20a. Top 125 on the previous season’s FedExCup points list.
Charles Howell III
Rafa Cabrera Bello
Harold Varner III
Byeong Hun An
Tyrone Van Aswegen
21. Players who finished greater than or equal to top 125 on the 2016-17 PGA TOUR Official Season FedExCup Points List through the Wyndham Championship as non-members:
22. Major Medical Extension: If granted by the Commissioner, if not otherwise eligible, and if needed to fill the field, Special Medical Extension.
23. Leading Money Winner from the previous season’s Top 25 regular season players using combined money earned on the Official Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List and Web.com Tour Finals Money List. Leading Money Winner from the previous season’s Web.com Tour Finals and Three-Time Winners from previous season Web.com Tour.
24. Leading money winner from Web.com Tour medical
25. Top 10 and ties, not otherwise exempt, among professionals from the previous open tournament whose victory has official status are exempt into the next open tournament whose victory has official status.
26. Top Finishers of the Web.com Tour: Finishers 2-25 from the previous season’s Top 25 Web.com Tour Regular season players using combined money earned on the Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List and money earned in the Web.com Tour Finals and the top 25 players and ties on the Web.com Tour Finals Money List at the conclusion of the Finals who are not already exempt. (reordered)
David Berganio, Jr.
Zack SucherNote: Reordered after the conclusion of The RSM Classic and the Genesis Open; thereafter, Mondays of the Masters, THE PLAYERS Championship, U.S. Open and The Open Championship.
27. Top Finishers from the Web.com Tour medical:
NOTE: This category will be reordered with the above category #26.
28. Players winning three Web.com Tour events in the current season:
29. Minor medical extension:
31. Twenty-five finishers beyond 125th place on prior season’s FedExCup points list 126-150 (reordered):
Note: Reordered after the conclusion of The RSM Classic and the Genesis Open; thereafter, Mondays of the Masters, THE PLAYERS Championship, U.S. Open and The Open Championship.
33. Reorder category (34-38)
Brendon de Jonge
34. Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond 150 on the FedExCup Points List: If not otherwise eligible and as needed to fill the field, Past Champion members, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran members beyond 150th place on the previous season’s FedExCup points list in order of their combined official PGA TOUR and Web.com Tour earnings in the previous season.
35. Past Champion Members: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, Past Champion members, in order of the total number of cosponsored or approved events won, excluding Team events.
If two or more players are tied, the player who is higher on the PGA TOUR Career Money List shall be eligible.
36. Special Temporary Members: If during the course of a PGA TOUR season, a nonmember of the PGA TOUR wins an amount of points (e.g., by playing in PGA TOUR events through sponsor exemptions, Open Qualifying, etc.) equal to the amount won in the preceding season by the 150th finisher on the FedExCup points list, he will be eligible to become a special temporary member for the remainder of the season.
37. Team Tournament Winners: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, winners of co-sponsored team championships, in order of the total number of team championship tournaments won.
If two or more players are tied based on the number of such tournaments won, the player who is higher on the official PGA TOUR Career Money List shall be eligible.
38. Veteran Members: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, Veteran members (players who have made a minimum of 150 cuts during their career), in order of their standing on the PGA TOUR Career Money List.