Champions Tour finale joins TICKETS Fore CHARITY

text size
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
August 12, 2009
PGA TOUR staff

SONOMA, Calif. -- Tournament officials at the Charles Schwab Cup Championship have extended charitable organizations in the Sacramento, Sonoma and San Francisco area the opportunity to participate in TICKETS Fore CHARITY, an innovative fundraising platform designed to improve the quality of life in communities where PGA TOUR events are held. The Charles Schwab Cup Championship, the Champions Tour's final event of the season, will be held October 26- November 1 at Sonoma Golf Club in Sonoma, Calif.

TICKETS Fore CHARITY will offer registered 501 (c)(3) organizations to receive contributions based on the number of tickets sold in their name. 75 percent of net proceeds from tickets purchased through the program will go directly to the participating charity. The remaining 25 percent will be added to gross tournament revenues, the net proceeds of which benefit local charities selected by the tournament.

"This is an exciting opportunity for participating charities in Northern California to raise funds with absolutely no cost or risk to the organization," said Leon Gilmore, Executive Director of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship. "The TICKETS Fore CHARITY program gives fans a chance to watch some of the greatest players of our generation compete in the heart of wine country, while positively impacting organizations in our region."

Non-profit organizations interested in participating in the TICKETS Fore CHARITY program may contact Barbara Patterson in the tournament office at 707.939.4131. To find out more about TICKETS Fore CHARITY visit www.charleschwabcupchampionship.com/tfc. Prices range from $30 for an Any Day Grounds Ticket to $55 for an Any Day Wine Festival Ticket.

Featuring the top-30 money leaders of the season, the Charles Schwab Cup Championship is the culminating event in the Champions Tour's "Road to the Charles Schwab Cup," a year-long competition that awards points to top-10 finishers and ties in 25 official money events. Both a winner of the tournament, as well-as the year-long Charles Schwab Cup winner, will be crowned at Sonoma Golf Club on November 1. Since 2003, the Charles Schwab Cup Championship has donated over $1.8 million to charities in the surrounding community.

Print This Story