Traveling to THE PLAYERS
Where to stay, what to do
June 01, 2014
Located midway between Daytona Beach and Jacksonville, Florida's Historic Coast includes historic St. Augustine, the outstanding golf and seaside elegance of Ponte Vedra and 42 miles of pristine, Atlantic beaches.
Top 5 things to do and see:
- Step back in time. St. Augustine is the oldest city in the nation and our history is not the same old story. Visit the Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the United States. Walk through three centuries of life in the Colonial Quarter and explore the riches of the Pirate and Treasure Museum. Learn More
- Satisfy your taste buds! Foodies will find themselves in paradise here. Fresh seafood, year-round farm-fresh produce, heritage inspired dishes and libations fresh from the local San Sebastian Winery or St. Augustine Distillery make any meal here memorable. Learn More
- Soak in the sun and get sand between your toes on the area’s pristine beaches. Forty-two miles of inviting Atlantic beaches stretch from Ponte Vedra to Marineland to create the ideal setting for seaside fun. Learn More
- Shop til you drop! From artisan-crafted creations in the unique shops in the historic district to the latest designer clothes at the outlet malls, to luxurious boutiques in Ponte Vedra, a shopping excursion will lead you to discover treasures big and small. Learn More
- Stay and play. Choose from award-winning bed and breakfast inns, historic hotels or seaside resorts to find the perfect accommodation for a romantic get-away, family vacation or a simple escape from the every day. Learn More
There’s plenty to do for families, couples, nature-lovers, and golfers. Whether you want to experience the downtown renaissance, or relax on stretches of stunning beaches, get to know Jacksonville!
Top 5 things to do and see:
- Water activities! Jacksonville is known for its beautiful beaches, including Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, and Atlantic Beach. Check out the beaches, rivers, and waterways, as well as the best spots for fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and surfing. Learn More
- Get to know the birds, plants, and animals that inhabit the wild and untouched state parks and nature preserves. Hike, bike, or run on miles of shaded trails or experience the great outdoors with an evening of camping. Learn More
- The arts and cultural community shine bright with stand-out museums, boutique galleries, and performing arts galore. Experience a unique blend of festivals, live music, regular art events, and exhibitions. Learn More
- Many malls, outlets, and the eclectic shopping districts in Northeast Florida make for a grat day of shopping. Dig for vintage and antiques treasures in Five Points or visit upscale chic and trendy boutiques in the San Marco and Avondale areas. Learn More
- Get golfing! There’s a reason the PGA TOUR and World Golf Hall of Fame are headquartered in Jacksonville. The surrounding areas boast world-class golf courses for every level of play in beautiful oceanside and riverfront settings.