In honor of Mother’s Day, which falls on Sunday, May 12, THE PLAYERS will once again stage a “PINK OUT” on Championship Sunday in celebration of mothers and in support of breast cancer research.
In conjunction with Sunday's "PINK OUT," players, caddies, sponsors, volunteers and fans are encouraged to wear pink to TPC Sawgrass in support of 26.2 with Donna, a local charitable organization that raises funds for ground-breaking breast cancer research at Mayo Clinic and women living with breast cancer and also the event’s "Charity of the Day." Volunteers from 26.2 with Donna will greet fans as they arrive and offer them the organization’s "running ribbon" pin as a special gift. For every fan in attendance on Championship Sunday, THE PLAYERS will make a donation to 26.2 with Donna. Fans can also contribute to 26.2 with Donna on Sunday by making a $1 donation with their purchases at THE PLAYERS Shops.
THE PLAYERS will carry out the "PINK OUT" theme in the following ways:
• THE PLAYERS 5K with Donna participants (in their pink race shirts) can gain access to the "5K with Donna Courtyard"
• The Sawgrass Splash, THE PLAYERS signature cocktail, will be pink on Sunday
• Golf balls used at the PwC's 17th Hole Challenge in the Stadium Village will be pink
• There will be additional pink floral displays around TPC Sawgrass, most notably on Tree Island (in the lake at No. 17); that display is usually composed of white begonias, yellow marigolds and blue delphinium. Following Saturday's round, however, the TPC Sawgrass Agronomy Team will work through the night to convert the display to pink. Tree Island will be "Pinked Out" with 4,000 pink vincas and 200 Hawaiian Tis.
• Mothers in attendance will receive a commemorative Mother's Day pin
• Pink "THE PLAYERS" flag at Four Points
• Mother's Day-themed vignettes will air during NBC’s telecast, featuring some of the game's brightest stars and their moms
• Mother's Day photo booth inside Stadium Village will allow moms and their families to take a photo with the trophy and share on their Facebook pages
TPC Sawgrass will offer breakfast (8-10:30 a.m.) and brunch (11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.) in "Nineteen" on Mother's Day. Fans who have reservations for breakfast can gain access to the clubhouse without a clubhouse ticket. Brunch reservations require a clubhouse ticket.
To purchase tickets to THE PLAYERS, 2013, click here.