June 16, 2010
Lockheed Martin to Serve as Official Military Sponsor for the Tournament; AT&T to Donate 2,500 Prepaid Calling Cards for Troops
Newtown Square, Pa. - Taking the tradition to the historical city of Philadelphia, the AT&T National will once again pay tribute to the brave men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Military. Held at the beautiful Aronimink Golf Club in Newtown Square, Pa., this year's tournament will provide military personnel and their families an exciting and unique golf experience this Fourth of July weekend. In addition, fans can personally support the troops by sending a care package to bases overseas.
- Military Care Package Tent - Spectators are encouraged to visit the Military Care Package Tent where they can build a care package which will be sent to troops deployed overseas. The Military Care Package Tent is located at the main entrance.
- AT&T will also contribute 2,500 prepaid calling cards that will be included in the care packages to help keep loved ones connected. The 2009 AT&T National marked the first time the Military Care Package Tent had been incorporated into a golf tournament. Thanks to the incredible support from fans and Lockheed Martin, last year we helped send a total of 6,279 packages to troops overseas.
- Military Caddies - On Wednesday, June 30th, 26 enlisted military personnel from Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware will act as professional caddies on hole No. 17, wearing special camouflage caddie bibs during the AT&T National Pro-Am.
- Lockheed Martin Military Pavilion - Proud to once again serve as the official military sponsor, the Lockheed Martin Military Pavilion is open to all military ticket holders Tuesday - Sunday of tournament week. The Military Pavilion, located on the 17th tee, will provide a VIP experience, including snacks, beverages and a prime viewing area, to the first 5,000 military patrons who visit the tournament each day.
- Military Starters/Announcers - Sixteen members of the military representing the five branches of the military will serve as starters on the No. 1 and No. 10 tees during tournament week. In addition, on Sunday, two military representatives will be stationed near the 18th green and will recognize the players as they complete their 72nd hole.
- Challenge Coins - Since this prestigious PGA TOUR event honors the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces, each year the tournament produces a unique coin recognizing all five branches of the military - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard. These commemorative, one-of-a-kind coins are given to players and their caddies who compete. The 2010 coin is decorated with the Liberty Bell and the words "protecting our liberty so freedom can ring."
- Military Tickets - Tournament officials will once again distribute 30,000 complimentary tickets to the U.S. Military. The tickets will be distributed by the Pentagon's Army ITT/ITR office on a first come, first served basis to local ITT/ITR offices within a 150 mile radius of Philadelphia starting June 9. Tickets are available to all DOD personnel (Active Duty, Reserve, Retired, National Guard, Dependents and Civilians), as well as the Coast Guard. Limit (4) four tickets per person.
The AT&T National, held June 29-July 4, will welcome 120 of the PGA TOUR's finest players at the 7,237-yard course in Newtown Square. Players including K.J. Choi, Jim Furyk, Sean O'Hair, Vijay Singh, Hunter Mahan and defending champion Tiger Woods, will compete for the $6.2 million purse. In addition to honoring the military, the tournament will work to raise funds and awareness for two youth-based organizations in the Philadelphia area, The Boys and Girls Club of Philadelphia and The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation, as well as continue to support programs of the Tiger Woods Foundation. More information on the AT&T National and all of our military programs can be found at www.attnational.org.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates - AT&T operating companies - are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T ¦DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 136,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation reported 2009 sales of $45.2 billion.
Rachel Rees - AT&T National, 949-725-3003
Serena Thomas - AT&T, 314-982-0554