NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES
AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("D.C.") WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
(19 OR OLDER IF A RESIDENT OF ALABAMA OR NEBRASKA)
AND ARE EMPLOYED AT OR ATTENDING
AN ACCREDITED HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTION IN THE UNITED STATES.
SEE FURTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN RULE 3, BELOW.
THE CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C. AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Contest Overview: PGA TOUR, Inc. ("Administrator") and CDW LLC ("Sponsor") have teamed up to introduce the "ShotLink Intelligence Prize" Contest ("Contest"), which challenges eligible individuals (see full eligibility requirements in Rule 3, below) to find, through personal research, the best new application of the ShotLink dataset to golf science. Entrants in the Contest have the opportunity to submit papers based on their research for the chance to win a $25,000 technology prize supplied by CDW for the higher education institution by which the winning entrant was employed on the date s/he submitted the winning Entry (as defined in Section 4(D) below).
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on March 16, 2012 at 8:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 1, 2012 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET (the "Contest Period").
3. Eligibility: Participation in the Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. who, at the time of Entry, are: eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska); and employed by an institution of higher education as defined by federal law in 20 USC 1001 ("School").
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate: (a) employees, members, officers and directors of Administrator or Sponsor; their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries; anyone involved in the creation, execution or fulfillment of this Contest; and members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or households (whether related or not) of any of the above.
While the Contest is intended primarily for professors and graduate students engaged in advanced analysis, Administrator and Sponsor will accept all entries that conform to these Official Rules. All determinations of eligibility will be made by Administrator in its sole discretion. Entrants may be subject to policies, including prohibitions, imposed by their Schools, relative to their participation in promotions such as this. Entrants should check with their employers for any such relevant policies before submitting an Entry.
By entering, entrants acknowledge and understand that they are entering on behalf of the School by which they are employed, and that if their Entry is selected as the winning Entry, the Prize will be awarded to such School and not to the entrant.
Limit one Entry per person for the entire Contest Period. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it determines (in its sole discretion) to contain any content that is dangerous, infringing or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable, or that contains any third party trademarks (other than those of Administrator or Sponsor to the extent permitted hereunder). Limited License: Entrants may use those trademarks of Administrator and Sponsor shown below within an Entry for purposes of this Contest only, in accordance with these Official Rules. No other use is permitted and no rights in or to Administrator's or Sponsor's trademarks are conferred upon entrants.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the person named on the registration page in connection with Entry in this Contest will be deemed to be the entrant.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, eligible individuals must do the following:
(A) Register: In order to submit an Entry in the Contest, eligible individuals must first send an e-mail to email@example.com containing all needed information: name, address, phone number, email address, birth date, the name of the School by which the entrant is employed, and current position/status at the School. To be registered, eligible entrants who are not already under license with the PGA TOUR to receive ShotLink Data for educational purposes must sign the PGA TOUR's standard ShotLink Data License. Eligible entrants already under license to receive ShotLink Data need only send the e-mail referenced above.
(B) Conduct Original Research: Personally conduct original research for a new application of ShotLink Intelligence Powered by CDW ("ShotLink") to golf science.
(C) Prepare a Research Paper: Prepare a paper describing the research conducted, the findings of such research, and the way in which the resulting new application benefits golf science. The paper must comply with all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Note: Examples of other papers that have utilized ShotLink data are available at www.pgatour.com/stats/academicdata/institutions for purposes of reference only.
(D) Submit Paper: Follow the instructions on the Website to upload and submit the research paper (hereinafter referred to as the "Entry" or "Submission").
Entries must be submitted to the Website only and may be submitted at any time during the Contest Period following entrant's registration. Please include "ShotLink Intelligence Prize" in the subject line if not submitting the Entry at the same time as registering. All Entries must be received by 12:00:00 a.m. ET on November 1, 2012.
5. General Entry Information/Conditions:
(A) Upon satisfactory completion of the process described above, an Entry will be entered into the Contest. All incomplete or non-conforming Entries will be disqualified;
(B) Limit one (1) Entry per person for the entire Contest Period. Multiple submissions of the same Entry by the same entrant or by anyone other than the entrant will be disqualified;
(C) There may be only one (1) named entrant for each Entry submitted, regardless of the number of persons who may have contributed to the creation of the Entry;
(D) Administrator reserves the right to review and void any Entry if Administrator feels, in its sole discretion, such Entry does not comply with these Official Rules or that the Entry would be considered to be damaging to Administrator or Sponsor or to any other company or person in any way. Administrator may so void any Entry at any time during or after the Contest Period;
(E) By submitting an Entry, each entrant hereby represents and warrants:
(i) that the Entry is his/her wholly original creation and does not infringe any copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy, intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party, (other than Administrator and Sponsor to the extent allowed under these Official Rules);
(ii) that the Entry was not previously published or submitted in any other contest or promotion;
(iii) that the Entry complies in all respects with these Official Rules;
(iv) that s/he agrees to grant rights the entrant may have in and to the Entry to Administrator, its affiliates and designees (as described in detail in Rule 9, below), and forever releases and holds Administrator and Sponsor, their affiliates and designees harmless from and against any liability of any kind arising from or in connection with the exercise of such rights; and
(v) that s/he agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator and the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest;
(F) Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant's original creation;
(G) Administrator reserves the right not to accept any Entry in its sole discretion;
(H) By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that entrant's Submission is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and will not place Administrator or Sponsor under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules, and that Administrator and Sponsor are each free to disclose the ideas contained in the entrant's Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas contained therein without any compensation to entrant. Entrant further acknowledges that neither Administrator nor Sponsor waives any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Administrator or Sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than entrant;
(I) The computer clock of Administrator's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest;
(J) Proof of submission of an Entry will not be deemed proof of actual receipt of Entry by Administrator;
(K) Entrants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to submit an Entry;
(L) Entrants, including the entrant who submits the winning Entry, will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for their Submissions or for granting Administrator or Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules;
(M) Neither Administrator nor Sponsor is obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules; and
(N) The content of the Submission must not infringe third party rights by including, for example, the copyrights, trademarks or logos (such as company names, labels or symbols) photographs, works of art, or images that have been created, distributed, aired or published by others, such as those on or in websites, television, movies, or other media outlets.
6. Judging: All eligible Submissions will be judged by a four-member panel of qualified judges that includes the following: Professor Mark Broadie of Columbia University Business School; a golf journalist from The Wall Street Journal; Steve Evans, PGA TOUR Senior Vice President, Information Systems; and CDW's Matthew Troka, Senior Vice President of Product and Partner Management (collectively, the "Judges")*. The Judges will review, evaluate and score each eligible Entry on the basis of the following criteria: originality of research and results (50%) and benefit to golf science (50%). In the event of a tie, the winning Entry will be determined by weighting the foregoing two pronged criteria as follows: benefit to golf science (35%) and originality of research and results (65%). The Entry with the highest weighted score will be declared the winning Entry. Judging will be conducted on or about 3/31/13.
*(The composition of the judging panel may change due to the unavailability of any of the named Judges for any reason.)
The School associated with the Prize-winning Entry will be awarded a technology package consisting of the following: Lenovo products carried and in-stock on CDW.com at time the prize is redeemed. The total value in product selected may not exceed $25,000. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize package: $25,000. The actual retail value of the Prize may vary; any difference between the ARV and the actual retail value of the Prize will not be awarded. The Prize consists only of the items described above. Any and all costs or expenses in connection with the use of the Prize or any portion thereof, and any options or upgrades on the Prize or any portion thereof, that are not specified above as being included in the Prize, will be the responsibility of the Prize-winning School. Any Prize details not specified herein shall be determined by Administrator and Sponsor in their sole discretion.
The Prize will be awarded to the School via an administrator or other authorized representative of the School, who must sign and properly execute all required documents in accordance with these Official Rules. The individual entrant who submitted the corresponding Entry will not receive any prize.
If the potential Prize-winning School has a policy, practice, restriction, agreement or other issue that prevents it from accepting or causes it to be ineligible to receive the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to the School corresponding to the Entry that received the next-highest score from the Judges. This process will repeat until a School is confirmed to receive the Prize.
Only one (1) Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Prize is non-transferable and may not substituted in whole or in part or exchanged for cash except as provided herein. Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any portion thereof) with an item of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable.
The winning School will be responsible for determining its tax liability (if any) under relevant federal, state and local laws resulting from the School's acceptance and receipt of the Prize. The School is solely responsible for paying any and all such taxes.
The potential winning School and the entrant who submitted the winning Entry are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules as a condition of the Prize being awarded to the School. If the either the potential winning School or the corresponding entrant is deemed ineligible to receive the Prize for any reason, or if the School declines to accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to the School corresponding to the Entry that received the next-highest score from the Judges.
8. Notification /Prize Claim Process: On or about 3/31/13 following conclusion of the judging process, Administrator will notify the potential winning School and the entrant who submitted the corresponding Entry by email, postal mail and/or telephone. The potential winning School and the entrant will each be required to sign and properly execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and (where permissible) a publicity release and return all required documents within fourteen (14) days of the first written notification. The potential winning School and corresponding entrant may also be required, at Administrator's sole discretion, to sign and return, within the same time period, a grant of rights in and to the winning Entry and the application contained therein consistent with the rights outlined in these Official Rules. Failure to comply for any reason will result in forfeiture of the Prize and the awarding of the Prize to an alternate School based on the judging results.
The winning Entry will be announced in various media, and may include announcement at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, at the MIT campus in Cambridge, MA.
9. Rights Granted to Sponsor:
(A) By submitting an Entry, each entrant grants Administrator and its affiliates and designees a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, fully paid, unlimited, worldwide license and right, without compensation, limitation or further permission, to reproduce, publish, display, edit, adapt, modify, sell, distribute, develop, make derivative works from and otherwise use the Entry in whole or in part for any commercial or non-commercial purposes in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity.
(B) Each entrant agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, or lawsuit against Administrator, its affiliates or designees alleging that any use of entrant's Entry infringes any of his/her rights as creator of such Entry.
(C) By submitting an Entry, each entrant grants Administrator and Sponsor and their respective affiliates and designees, the right, without limitation, compensation or further permission, to use and publish the entrant's name, likeness, and limited biographical information for promotional, trade, advertising, publicity and marketing purposes in any manner, in commerce and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity.
(D) Administrator may require any entrant to execute documents to confirm the grant of rights hereunder. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
10. Liability Disclaimers: By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Administrator, Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, designees, advertising and promotional agencies, and the directors, officers, shareholders, members and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability for claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, or loss or destruction of, property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) which may occur in connection with participation in the Contest.
By participating, each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any claims, suits, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, which may arise in connection with any allegation that the winning Entry or any component thereof violates the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or Entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by Administrator or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of Entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network or, software transmissions, damage to entrants' or any person's computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Administrator's reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (iv) any Entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; all such Entries will be disqualified; (v) incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (vi) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising related to the Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of the winning Entry and corresponding School; or (vii) cheating or fraud by any entrant.
11. Tampering/Early Termination: If for any reason this Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Administrator that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, or if this Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to terminate this Contest. If this Contest is terminated before the intended end date, Administrator will select the winning Entry from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date/time of termination. ,b>CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Disputes/Governing Law: By participating, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Contest or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in St. Johns County, FL; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred but specifically excluding attorneys' fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants' rights and obligations, and the rights and obligations of Administrator and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
14. Winner Information: For the names of the winning School and the entrant who submitted the winning Entry, send a sef-addressed, stamped envelope to:
ShotLink Intelligence Prize Winner
PO Box 3112, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32004
15. Administrator: This Contest is operated by PGA TOUR, Inc., 100 PGA TOUR Boulevard, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082.
16. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored solely by CDW LLC, 200 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to Administrator only, and NOT to Facebook or Twitter. The information entrants provide will be used to contact such individuals with future communications.