Golfers are omitted if they haven’t recently competed in majors for which they are eligible (e.g. Open Championship -- Greg Norman, Nick Price; PGA -- Paul Azinger, Nick Price).
3 = Open Championship (3# - via IFQ)
4 = PGA Championship
BI = WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
|REMAINING QUALIFYING CRITERIA|
|Criteria are listed in chronological order where possible. Best estimates are given but all are subject to change.|
|OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP (3) @ Muirfield – July 18-21|
|• Winner of British Amateur (June 22).
• Top 9 from IFQ -- Europe (June 24).
• Top 4, not otherwise exempt, from Mizuno Open on Japan Golf Tour (June 30).
• Top 2, not otherwise exempt, from money list on Japan Golf Tour ending with Mizuno Open. (June 30).
• Top 3 at each of four venues -- LFQ (July 2).
• Top 5 and ties, not otherwise exempt, inside Top 20 in Race to Dubai thru Alstom Open de France (July 7).
• Top 5 and ties, not otherwise exempt, inside Top 20 in FedExCup points thru The Greenbrier Classic (July 7).
• Winner of the Scottish Open (July 14).
• Winner of the John Deere Classic (July 14).
|PGA CHAMPIONSHIP (4) @ Oak Hill Country Club – August 8-11|
|• Winners of PGA TOUR events thru the final week before the 2012 PGA Championship.
• Top 20 from PGA Professional National Championship (June 26).
• Winner of the Open Championship (July 21).
• Top 70 from special money list on PGA TOUR from 2012 WGC-Bridgestone through 2013 RBC Canadian Open (July 28).
• *All 2012 Ryder Cup members, provided they are inside top 100 of World Ranking on July 28.
• Special exemptions per PGA of America. (This will likely include all golfers inside Top 100 of World Ranking on July 28.)
• If necessary, golfers outside Top 70 from special money list (three lines above) will gain entry in order of position to complete the field of 156.
|WGC-BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL (BI) @ Firestone Country Club (South Course) - August 1-4|
|• Winner of Japan Golf Tour Championship (June 23).
• Top 50 from World Ranking on July 22.
• Top 50 from World Ranking on July 29.
• Winners of official tournaments from the Federation Tours with an Official World Golf Ranking strength-of-field rating of 115 points or more.