All-Exempt PGA TOUR Priority Rankingstext size
Each PGA TOUR player has earned a position on the priority ranking system that will be used to select tournament fields for the 2013-14 season. The complete ranking system, in order of priority, is as follows (Updated Sept. 24, 2014):
1. Winner of PGA Championship or U.S. Open prior to 1970 or in the last five seasons and the current season: 7. Winners of the Arnold Palmer Invitational and the Memorial Tournament in the last three seasons and the current season, beginning with the 2015 winners: 9. Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved events (except team events) within the last two seasons, or during the current season; winners receive an additional season of exemption for each additional win, up to five seasons: 11. Sponsor exemptions (a maximum of eight, which may include amateurs with handicaps of 0 or less), on the following basis:
A. Not less than two sponsor invitees shall be PGA TOUR members not otherwise exempt.
B. Not less than two of the 2013 top finishers of the Web.com Tour, if not all can otherwise be accommodated. (Note: PGA TOUR members may receive an unlimited number of sponsor invitations. Non-TOUR members may receive a maximum of seven per year.)
12. Two international players designated by the Commissioner. 13. The current PGA Club Professional Champion up to 6 open events (3 must be opposite British Open and World Golf Championships events), in addition to any sponsor selections. 14. PGA Section Champion or Player of the Year of the Section in which the tournament is played. 15. Four low scorers at Open Qualifying which shall normally be held on Monday of tournament week. 16. Past champions of the particular event being contested that week, if cosponsored by the PGA TOUR and the same tournament sponsor (except for Team events), as follows:
A. Winners prior to July 28, 1970: unlimited exemptions for such events.
B. Winners after July 28, 1970 and prior to Jan. 1, 2000: 10 seasons of exemptions for such events.
C. Winners after Jan. 1, 2000: five seasons of exemptions for such events.
19. Top 125 on previous season’s Official Money List through the Wyndham Championship Nicolas Colsaerts
Padraig Harrington David Toms Peter Hanson 20. Players who finished greater than or equal to top 125 on the 2013 PGA TOUR Official Season FedExCup Points List or top 125 on the 2013 Official Season Money List through the Wyndham Championship as non-members: Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano Thorbjorn Olesen
21. Major Medical Extension: If granted by the Commissioner, if not otherwise eligible, and if needed to fill the field, Special Medical Extension. Kevin Na Anthony Kim Hank Kuehne Retief Goosen Arron Oberholser Troy Kelly Jonathan Byrd Joey Snyder III Scott McCarron Briny Baird Dudley Hart Harrison Frazar Jhonattan Vegas Blake Adams Chris Couch Shawn Stefani Spencer Levin Scott Hoch 22. Leading Money Winner from Web.com Tour Regular Season, Leading Money Winner from the Web.com Tour Finals and Three-Time Winners from previous season Web.com Tour. Michael Putnam John Peterson
23. Leading money winner from Web.com Tour medical Patrick Moore
24. Top 10 and ties, not otherwise exempt, among professionals from the previous open tournament whose victory has official status are exempt into the next open tournament whose victory has official status. 25. Top Finishers of the Web.com Tour: Finishers 2-25 from the previous season’s Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List and the top 25 players and ties on the Web.com Tour Finals Money List at the conclusion of the Finals who are not already exempt. Will MacKenzie Wes Roach Benjamin Alvarado Russell Knox Will Wilcox Edward Loar Ben Martin Sean O'Hair Daniel Chopra Ryo Ishikawa Brad Fritsch Matt Bettencourt Billy Hurley III Troy Matteson
Alex Aragon Andrew Svoboda Peter Malnati
Bobby Gates Troy Merritt Kevin Tway Jarrod Lyle Danny Lee Jamie Lovemark
Neal Lancaster Tim Wilkinson
Jim Herman David Berganio, Jr. Kevin Kisner
Joe Affrunti Brice Garnett Scott Gardiner
Ricky Barnes Bronson La'Cassie
Bud Cauley Miguel Angel Carballo Tyrone Van Aswegen
Lee Williams Jim Renner Alex Prugh Trevor Immelman Kevin Foley Andrew Loupe Mark Anderson Hudson Swafford
Will Claxton Chad Collins Patrick Cantlay Heath Slocum Kris Blanks
Note: Reordered after the conclusion of OHL Classic at Mayakoba and WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship; thereafter, Mondays of the Masters, THE PLAYERS Championship, U.S. Open and British Open.
26. Top Finishers from the Web.com Tour medical:
NOTE: This category will be reordered with the above category No. 25.
27. Players winning three Web.com Tour events in the current season: 28. Minor medical extension: 29.Twenty-five finishers beyond 125th place on prior season’s FedExCup Points List (126-150): Robert Streb
Tag Ridings Ben Kohles Fabian Gomez Dicky Pride Brandt Jobe Greg Owen Doug LaBelle II Justin Bolli Chad Campbell 30. Nonexempt, major medical/family crisis: Steve Marino Tim Herron Gary Christian 31. Reorder Categories 32-36 Brooks Koepka Tim Petrovic Lee Janzen Paul Casey Jose Coceres Vaughn Taylor Francesco Molinari Fred Couples Paul Goydos Jason Gore Glen Day Todd Hamilton Victor Dubuisson Joe Ogilvie Steve Flesch Jamie Donaldson Jose Maria Olazabal Rod Pampling Ryuji Imada Alex Cejka Jesper Parnevik Bernhard Langer Chris Smith Marco Dawson David Duval Sandy Lyle Paul Stankowski Eric Axley Larry Mize Billy Mayfair Cameron Beckman Len Mattiace Chris DiMarco John Daly Marc Turnesa Brett Quigley
NOTES: Categories 32-36 Reordered after the conclusion of WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship; thereafter, Mondays of the Masters, THE PLAYERS Championship, U.S. Open and British Open.
32. Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond 150 on the FedExCup Points List: If not otherwise eligible and as needed to fill the field, Past Champion members, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran members beyond 150th place on the previous season’s FedExCup Points List in order of their combined official PGA TOUR and Web.com Tour earnings in the previous season. D.J. Trahan Bernhard Langer Russ Cochran Kevin Sutherland Brett Wetterich Robert Gamez Bill Lunde Skip Kendall David Frost Nathan Green Kent Jones Ted Purdy Billy Andrade Duffy Waldorf David Gossett Wes Short, Jr. Chris Riley Garrett Willis Richard S. Johnson Arjun Atwal Andre Stolz Guy Boros Dean Wilson Frank Lickliter II Michael Bradley Mark O'Meara Carlos Franco Peter Lonard Tom Lehman Rich Beem Steve Flesch Bart Bryant 33. Past Champion Members: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, Past Champion members, in order of the total number of cosponsored or approved events won, excluding Team events. If two or more players are tied, the player who is higher on the PGA TOUR Career Money List shall be eligible. 34. Special Temporary Members: If during the course of a PGA TOUR season, a nonmember of the PGA TOUR wins an amount of points (e.g., by playing in PGA TOUR events through sponsor exemptions, Open Qualifying, etc.) equal to the amount won in the preceding season by the 150th finisher on the FedExCup points list, he will be eligible to become a special temporary member for the remainder of the season. 35. Team Tournament Winners: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, winners of co-sponsored team championships, in order of the total number of team championship tournaments won. If two or more players are tied based on the number of such tournaments won, the player who is higher on the official PGA TOUR Career Money List shall be eligible. 36. Veteran Members: If not otherwise eligible and if needed to fill the field, Veteran members (players who have made a minimum of 150 cuts during their career), in order of their standing on the PGA TOUR Career Money List.