PGA TOUR mobile device policy
January 19, 2016
The PGA TOUR Mobile Device Policy has been adjusted heading into the 2015 – 2016 PGA TOUR Season.
Effective immediately, spectators are now allowed to take photos all week with their mobile devices throughout the golf course, except in areas of competition during official rounds or when requested by players, security, and TOUR officials to refrain from taking a photo. Receiving or placing phone calls will remain limited to designated “Cell Phone Zones.” As a reminder, cameras are NOT allowed during official rounds.
A complete summary of the PGA TOUR’s Mobile Device Policy follows:
Reminder: Cameras are NOT allowed Thursday – Sunday (no cameras during competition rounds).
NEW MOBILE DEVICE POLICY:
• Device must be on silent at all times
• Calls may be placed or answered only in designated “Cell Phone Zones”
• Devices may not be used to capture audio/video at any time during tournament week
• During practice and pro-am rounds, photography is permitted in all areas.
• During official competition rounds, photography is prohibited within any areas of competition (i.e. teeing grounds, tee shot landing areas and on/around putting greens) or when requested by tournament staff, security, players, or player representatives. Photography in non-competition areas is permitted.
• Data use (e.g., texting, email, etc.) will be permitted outside of the designated “Cell Phone Zones” all week
-- Data use is not permitted when players are in position to compete (i.e., when QUIET PLEASE paddles are raised)