Round 4 Notes: Chevron World ChallengeDecember 05, 2010
Mark Stevens, PGA TOUR staff
Weather: Partly cloudy with light afternoon showers. Temperatures reached 64 degrees. Winds ESE at 6-12 mph.RelatedRound 4 Scores
Round 4 Wrap-up
• In 67 starts on the PGA TOUR, McDowell has never posted four consecutive rounds in the 60s in the same tournament. This week, McDowell had rounds of 66-69-68-69.
• McDowell was three shots behind Dustin Johnson entering the final round of the 2010 U.S. Open.
• McDowell made 10 starts on the PGA TOUR in 2010. His only back-to-back rounds in the 60s in a tournament on TOUR came at the Honda Classic in March (Rd 1-2).
• McDowell has two starts at the Chevron World Challenge, he finished second in 2009.
• In his career on the PGA TOUR, Woods has converted 48 of 52 third-round leads/co-leads into victory. In majors, he has converted 14 of 15 third-round leads/co-leads into victory. The last time Woods failed to convert a third-round lead on TOUR was at the 2009 PGA Championship to Y.E. Yang.
Event Status Entering Final Round 1996 Quad City Classic 1 over Fiori 2000 THE TOUR Championship tie Singh 2004 THE TOUR Championship tie Haas 2009 PGA Championship 2 over Yang
• Below are Woods' four third-round leads/co-leads that he failed to convert on the PGA TOUR.
• Woods had never lost a lead of three strokes or more as a professional.
• Woods' streak of eight straight rounds in the 60s at the Chevron World Challenge ended (73).
• The last time Woods posted four straight rounds in the 60s on the PGA TOUR was at the 2009 BMW Championship. This week he shot 65-66-68-73.
• Woods has finished in the top 2 at the Chevron World Challenge in eight of his 10 starts. Woods finished 10th in 2000 and T14 in 2005.
• The toughest hole this week was the 228-yard, par-3 8th hole, with a stroke average of 3.222. Sherwood Country Club's easiest hole this week was the 517-yard, par-5 11th (4.527).
Player Finish Score Rory McIlroy 4th -11 Nick Watney 13th +2 Bubba Watson T14 +3 Matt Kuchar 18th +7 Dustin Johnson T16 +4 Scoring Averages at the par-72 Sherwood Country Club: Day Front 9 Back 9 Total Cumulative Thursday: 36.111 35.277 71.388 --- Friday: 35.000 34.333 69.333 70.361 Saturday: 36.055 35.611 71.666 70.796 Sunday: 35.944 35.666 71.611 71.000
• A total of five players competed in their first Chevron World Challenge. Here's a look at where they finished: