Web.com Tour Points System: How it works
System of standardized results, similar to TOUR's FedExCup, implemented for 2019 season and beyond
January 09, 2019
By Web.com Tour staff
- January 09, 2019
- The 2019 Web.com Tour Regular Season will commence at The Bahamas Great Exuma Classic at Sandals Emerald Bay. (Ryan Young/PGA TOUR)
The Web.com Tour announced Wednesday the introduction of the Web.com Tour Points System, a season-long system in which players accumulate points in each eligible official money event. The Web.com Tour Points System shall be set forth annually by the PGA TOUR Policy Board.
Web.com Tour Points Distribution will be set as follows.
• Official Web.com Tour events each award 500 points to first place.
• The final Regular Season event will award 600 points to first place.
• All Web.com Tour points will be calculated out to three decimals.
The table below shows the specific number of points awarded to each position in each of the two types of Web.com Tour events.
Web.com Tour points are distributed to players earning official money. Amateurs are not eligible to earn Web.com Tour points.
• Example: If an amateur finishes third at an event and a professional finishes fourth, the professional receives fourth-place points. Third-place points will not be awarded at all.
Web.com Tour points are awarded at official Web.com Tour events where official money is earned.
• Example: If an event is shortened to 36 holes, it is listed as an unofficial victory but awarded official money, so Web.com Tour points are awarded.
At the conclusion of the Regular Season, the top-75 players in Web.com Tour Points plus ties will be eligible to play in the Web.com Tour Finals.
Additionally, players ranked Nos. 126-200 on the PGA TOUR’s Official FedExCup Points List (as well as Non-members who would have earned, if they were members, enough FedExCup Points from their performance in official-money PGA TOUR events in the current season to place them within Nos. 126-200 on the Official FedExCup Points List following the conclusion of the event immediately preceding the first FedExCup Playoffs event) will be eligible to compete in the Web.com Tour Finals.
The top-25 players from the Official Web.com Tour Regular Season Points List at the conclusion of the final Regular Season event will carry all points earned via the Web.com Tour Regular Season through the Web.com Tour Finals.
The Web.com Tour Finals events will award 1,000 points to the player finishing first, with the remaining points distributed as shown below.