Founded in 1938 as the Greater Greensboro Open, the Wyndham Championship is the sixth-oldest event on the PGA TOUR. In its early years, the tournament alternated between two Greensboro, N.C. courses: Starmount Forest Country Club and the current home course at Sedgefield Country Club. After 31 years at Forest Oaks Country Club, the Wyndham moved back to Sedgefield in 2008 and became the only regular-season PGA TOUR event contested on a course originally designed by the legendary Donald Ross. The 2020 tournament is the 81st renewal of North Carolina's oldest professional golf event. The tournament enjoys a rich history that few PGA TOUR events have.
There are two parking lot options for your convenience: Premier Parking Lot and Public Parking North Lot. Complimentary parking shuttles run continuously from all lots to Sedgefield Country Club and back. Parking lots take cash and credit card.
- Premier Parking:Four Seasons, 410 Four Seasons Town Centre, Greensboro, N.C. 27407
- Public Parking North:Greensboro Coliseum, 1921 W Gate City Blvd., Greensboro, N.C. 27407
- VIP Parking Lot:American Furniture Warehouse, 3900 W Gate City Boulevard; Greensboro, N.C. 27407 (parking pass required)
- All Public Parking in Premier Parking Lot -- $5
- Premier Parking Lot -- $5
THURSDAY - SUNDAY
- Public Parking North Lot -- $10
- Premier Parking Lot -- $15
PREMIER PARKING LOT
- Tuesday: 7 a.m. -- 7 p.m.*
- Wednesday -- Friday: 6:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.*
- Saturday & Sunday: 7 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.*
PUBLIC PARKING NORTH LOT
- Thursday -- Friday: 6:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.*
- Saturday & Sunday: 7 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.*
VIP PARKING LOT
- Tuesday: 7 a.m. -- 7 p.m.*
- Wednesday: 5:30 a.m. -- 6:30 p.m.*
- Thursday & Friday: 5:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.*
- Saturday & Sunday: 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.*
*Or 30 minutes after play is complete
Handicap Parking is located in the VIP Parking Lot.
On I-40 West Take Exit 131 to 85 South/40 West. Take exit 217 (W Gate City Blvd -- Coliseum Area) Turn Left onto W Gate City Blvd. Follow signs -- Premier Public Parking will be on the Left.
FROM WINSTON SALEM:
On I-40 East, Take Exit 217 (W Gate City Blvd. -- Coliseum Area) Turn Right onto W Gate City Blvd. Follow signs -- Premier Parking will be on the Left.
On I-85 N toward Greensboro, take Exit 119 Groometown Rd. toward Grandover Parkway. Turn Left onto Groometown Road. Continue to W Gate City Blvd. For Premier Public Parking, turn Right and follow signs. Premier Public Parking will be on the Right.
PUBLIC PARKING NORTH â€“ $10
I-85 SOUTH/I-40 WEST FROM BURLINGTON
From the I-85 South / I-40 West split, follow I-40 West 7.5 miles to Exit 218-B Freeman Mill Road. Go .3 miles and turn left on Coliseum Blvd. Continue one mile, the Coliseum will be on the left. I-85 North
On I-85 North from Charlotte, take Exit 120-A to access I-85 Business North. Continue 2 miles to Exit 35-B, Highway US 220 North. Proceed 1.8 miles and turn left on Coliseum Blvd. Continue one mile, the Coliseum will be on the left.
I-40 EAST FROM WINSTON-SALEM
On I-40 East from Winston-Salem, take Exit 216 Patterson Street, continue straight ahead for 2.4 miles to the Coliseum. Or, continue 5 miles on I-40 East to Exit 217 Gate City Blvd. Turn left at top of ramp and continue one mile on W Gate City Blvd -- Coliseum will be on the right.
Will Call is located at the Main Tournament Entrance beside the bus drop-off and next to the Ralph Lauren Merchandise Pavilion.
Ride share pick up/drop off is located behind the gold lot between E and W Sedgefield.
MOBILE DEVICE POLICY
Cell phones permitted but must be silenced. Cell phone use restricted to Authorized Calling Zones only (concession areas). Please do not use mobile devices for any reason when you are near active tournament play.
- Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to captured video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
- Please be considerate of others and kneel or sit down whenever possible to allow better viewing for those behind you.
- Please observe silence throughout each shot and do not move until all contestants in each group have played or holed out. (Hands in the air means stop and be quiet while golfers are playing their shots)
- Please give players & caddies plenty of room as they move from a green to the tee.
- Please display your admissions ticket or badge prominently at all times.
- The Wyndham Championship reminds you: Don't drink and drive.
- No bags larger than a small purse 6 x 6 including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags
- No clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items larger than 12 x 6 x 12
- No plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No computers or laptops
- No fireworks or laser pointers
- No lounge or oversized chairs with extended foot rests
- No seat cushions in a carrying case or that have pockets or compartments
- No pets, except for service animals
- No knives, firearms or weapons of any nature
- No video cameras (All Week)
- No point and shoot, film or DSLR camera (During Competition Rounds)
- No selfie sticks or hand held camera stabilizers
- No beverages (patrons may not bring in or exit with beverages) or coolers
- No radios, TVs, or portable speakers
- No posters, signs or banners
- No motorcycles, mopeds, tricycles, bicycles (whether or not motor-driven), skateboards, hoverboards, or other similar devices will be permitted to be operated within tournament property. Segways, motorized scooters or other personal transportation devices are prohibited if not used as a mobility aid by individuals with mobility impairment
- No drones, Remote Controlled Model Aircrafts or other devices that can be operated in airspace will be permitted to be operated at PGA TOUR events during tournament week
All items such as purses, camera cases and other small personal items will be subject to inspection (including metal detection) at the gate.
Failure to follow the direction of security guards, gallery marshals or tournament officials may result in ejection from the grounds or revocation of your tickets without refund.
Please observe the rules and regulations noted above.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
PGA TOUR Meteorologists will post a "Weather Warning" on the scoreboards located throughout the golf course should inclement weather approach. The "Weather Warning" sign will appear prior to inclement weather. When the sign appears, please take precautions immediately -- even though it could be before play is suspended.
Should weather conditions cancel play for all or a major portion of a day, the tournament may play the final round on Monday, August 5, 2019. Should this occur, the Wyndham Championship will be seeking Volunteers to assist with operations on that day. Alternatively, the PGA TOUR may limit the tournament to 54 holes. Volunteers will be advised of the PGA TOUR's decision in the event of this contingency.
During official competitive rounds (Thursday-Sunday), a player cannot sign autographs after the start of his round until it is complete. Autograph Zones are located behind the 18th green and next to the practice putting green. Players have the option to use these areas.
Contested annually on the Donald Ross-designed course at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., the Wyndham Championship was founded in 1938 and is the sixth-oldest event on the PGA TOUR excluding the Majors. The tournament enjoys a rich 80-year history that includes such former winners as Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, Gary Player and Seve Ballesteros. In fact, 18 former winners are members of the World Golf Hall of Fame. The Wyndham Championship is the only regular season PGA TOUR event contested on a course originally designed by Donald Ross. The 2020 tournament, set for August 11-16, will mark the 81st edition of North Carolinaâ€™s oldest professional golf event.