Wyndham Championship Charities
Creating a positive impact in the community has always been a central focus of the Wyndham Championship, and Wyndham Championship Fore! Good highlights all of the ways the Tournament gives back. Whether inspiring the next generation through education, supporting community development, and helping preserve our natural resources, the Wyndham Championship's local impact is "Fore! Good." Since it was founded in 1938, the Wyndham Championship has been creating significant charitable impact throughout the Piedmont Triad. Together with our partners Wyndham Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Destinations, we are committed to playing a part in the philanthropic mission to enrich the lives of families and children in the communities where we live, work and play. The Wyndham Championship is presented by the Piedmont Triad Charitable Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Youth and Education
The Wyndham Championship is passionate about inspiring the next generation, and we're proud to partner and support these programs and organizations
One out of four children in North Carolina is food insecure, and the Wyndham Championship's Birdies Fore Backpacks program works with local organizations to provide backpacks full of nutritious food for children in need when school is not in session. Since the program's inception in 2014, we're proud to have provided more than 430,000 nutritious meals for thousands of Piedmont Triad families. For additional information on our partners, please visit.
- Backpack Beginnings
- Forsyth Backpacks
- Out of the Garden Project
- United Way of Greater High Point
KEVIN HARVICK FOUNDATION
The Kevin Harvick Foundation supports programs that positively enrich the lives of children throughout the United States. Established in 2010 by NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick and his wife, DeLana, the Kevin Harvick Foundation works to help underprivileged youth realize their dreams. The Kevin Harvick Foundation Pro-Am is the first official event of the Wyndham Championship on Monday of tournament week and is presented by TCDI and BB&T. For additional information, please visit kevinharvickfoundation.org.
A longtime beneficiary of the Wyndham Championship's charitable efforts, the Crosby Scholars Community Partnership is a non-profit college-access organization that helps students prepare academically, financially and personally for successful college admission beginning as early as middle school. Crosby Scholars serves more than 8,000 students each year and has awarded more than $6 Million in grants since 1993. For additional information, please visit www.crosbyscholars.org.
PAUL TESORI FOUNDATION
The Wyndham Championship, in conjunction with The First Tee of the Triad, hosts the Paul Tesori Foundation's All-Star Clinic and 25 children with special needs alongside PGA TOUR professionals during tournament week. This free event includes PGA TOUR instruction and demonstrations, along with interactive golf experiences. For additional information, please visit www.tesorifamilyfoundation.org.
AMERICAN JUNIOR GOLF ASSOCIATION (AJGA)
Wyndham Rewards supports talented junior golfers who lack the financial resources to play a national junior golf schedule through an Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) grant. This grant helps fulfill the AJGA's mission of developing young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf. In addition, the Wyndham Championship annually hosts the AJGA Wyndham Invitational presented by BB&T, a major on the AJGA schedule played at Sedgefield Country Club. Wyndham Worldwide also sponsors the annual Wyndham Cup, a "Ryder Cup-Style" competition between teams of AJGA all-stars representing the eastern and western halves of the United States. For additional information, please visit www.ajga.org.
THE FIRST TEE OF THE TRIAD
The Wyndham Championship is a major supporter of The First Tee of the Triad, the local chapter of the international initiative founded by the World Golf Foundation in 1997 "to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf." The First Tee of the Triad hosts a free youth golf clinic during Wyndham Championship tournament week; the clinic is open to junior golfers of all ages, and PGA TOUR professionals provide the instruction. The First Tee of the Triad runs after-school programs throughout the school year and various summer programs for 1,500 students at 18 Piedmont Triad locations. For additional information, please visit www.thefirstteetriad.org.
PIEDMONT TRIAD PARTNERSHIP
Working to leverage the identity, resources and future of the Piedmont Triad region as a world-class business location, the Piedmont Triad Partnership is an award-winning economic development organization that fosters opportunities for growth, entrepreneurship and innovation across the region. As a top-40 metro region in the United States with a regional population exceeding 1.5 million, the Piedmont Triad has the collective size and aggregate assets to compete successfully in the global economy. For additional information, please visit www.piedmonttriadnc.com.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
One of the Wyndham Championship's most-popular fan amenities is "Key to Wyn," created by Wyndham Rewards to illustrate the Wyndham hospitality experience at its PGA TOUR event. "Key to Wyn" offers tournament fans an opportunity to win fabulous prizes courtesy of title partner Wyndham Rewards. In 2016 and '17, rather than disassemble the structure for use the following year, the building was donated to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro. It was disassembled, trucked to its new location and rebuilt into a safe, affordable, energy-efficient new home for a growing Greensboro family. This year the home will again be donated to a well-deserving family. For additional information on Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro, please visit www.habitatgreensboro.org.
SERVING THOSE WHO SERVE US
- Armed Forces: Through its partnership with Birdies for the Brave and the USO of North Carolina, the Wyndham Championship offers Piedmont Triad members of the military, including active duty, reservists and veterans, free admission to the tournament for themselves and a guest courtesy of Wyndham Rewards and supporting partners Harris Teeter and BB&T. The tournament's military guests will have access to a hospitality chalet that provides complimentary food and beverages, premium views of tournament action and an opportunity to share camaraderie with other military members. Access to this free admission requires pre-registration at www.birdiesforthebrave.sheerid.com.
- Teachers: Piedmont Triad-area teachers representing kindergarten through high school institutions and one guest can receive free Wyndham Championship admission with a school identification card.
- First Responders: Piedmont Triad First responders, including law enforcement, fire and Emergency Medical Technicians, are also admitted to the tournament free of charge with one guest by showing an identification card.
PROMOTING WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP
Executive Women's Day is a forum that brings together local business leaders from the greater Piedmont Triad area for a day of corporate dialogue, networking and professional development. Hosted at PGA TOUR tournaments in communities nationwide, Executive Women's Day is a powerful platform for celebrating, empowering, and inspiring women. Past speakers at the Wyndham Championship have included two-time Women's Soccer World Cup Champion Mia Hamm, biological anthropologist and author Dr. Helen Fisher, and aviation pioneer Carey Lohrenz.
Taking the lead from the Wyndham Championship's environmental sustainability award-winning partner and title sponsor, Wyndham Rewards, and partners at McConnell Golf, the Wyndham Championship is committed to keeping the "green" in Greensboro. The tournament is invested in exploring and adopting innovative sustainable practices to improve the environment.
SEDGEFIELD AUDUBON CERTIFICATION
This award winning education and certification program helps protect the valuable, natural areas and wildlife habitats that golf courses provide while improving efficiencies and minimizing the potentially harmful impacts of golf course operations. Led by McConnell Golf, Sedgefield Country Club is applying for this distinguished certification.
SEDGEFIELD ONLINK PROGRAM
Through McConnell Golf's partnership with OnLink, Sedgefield Country Club is incorporating metrics and monitoring benchmarks that help evaluate sustainability across its course leading to fewer chemicals, less water and less intensive maintenance.
- Unifi, Inc. (NYSE: UFI): The global textile manufacturer, which makes its REPREVE® performance fiber from recycled materials, including plastic bottles, is an official recycling partner of the Wyndham Championship. Tournament patrons are encouraged to use the REPREVE recycling receptacles conveniently positioned around the course and in the REPREVE Recycle Zone. Some 100,000 recycled water bottles could produce 25,000 hats, 33,000 pair of jeans or 20,000 pair of casual pants.
- Republic Services: The tournament is dedicated to minimizing the impact of its operations through an extensive, on-site recycling program.
- Redistribution of Plants/Landscaping Materials: Landscaping is a big part of transforming the Sedgefield Country Club Ross course into a PGA TOUR venue. After the tournament, plants, trees and flowers are repurposed in multiple ways helping sustain our environment in multiple locations.
GREEN CLEANING PROGRAM
To provide effective, innovative, and sustainable cleaning and sanitizing, Sedgefield Country Club uses stabilized aqueous ozone (SAO™) from Tersano™ for healthier properties and a healthier planet. The SAO system transforms ordinary tap water into a chemical-free commercial cleaner that eliminates germs, odors, stains, mold, mildew and other contaminants on any item or surface before changing safely back into water and oxygen.