Volunteer applications are now open. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Welcome to the 8th Edition of the CIMB Classic, which will be held at TPC Kuala Lumpur, 12-15 October 2017 and continues to be the PGA TOUR's only official FedExCup event in Southeast Asia. Co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour, we will once again see an exciting field of 78 players, with 60 coming from the PGA TOUR, 10 from the Asian Tour and 8 sponsor's exemptions, including 2 Malaysians, competing for prize money of US $7 million.
Since it was first staged, the tournament has attracted world class professionals like Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Henrik Stenson, Adam Scott, Sergio Garcia, Ernie Els, Ryo Ishikawa and two-time defending champion, Justin Thomas. CIMB Classic, being one of most prestigious and biggest sporting events in the region, has undoubtedly boosted Malaysia's position as a golfing tourism destination, attracting an audience from all over Asia annually.
PGA TOUR events are dependent on the dedication and abilities of its volunteers as it takes hundreds of volunteers and thousands of hours of support to ensure the success of the CIMB Classic.
Please see below to find out more information regarding the volunteer committees, information on our requirements, as well as the great benefits of volunteering for the CIMB Classic.
Thank you for your consideration to volunteer for the CIMB Classic. We are looking forward to making this year's event, as well as your volunteer experience, the best one yet in our history.
- Corporate Hospitality - Greet guests and check for proper credentials. Ensure that only properly credentialed clients are allowed in private hospitality areas. Assist marshals with noise control in hospitality areas.
- Course Marshals - Assigned to a specific hole, are in charge of controlling crowd noise, assist player movement from green to tee and locating errant shots.
- Leaderboards - Update and manage on course manual leaderboards with scores/hole status provided by scoring control.
- Roving Marshals - Manage player movement in high traffic areas on golf course, driving range, green to tees, outside ropes.
- Scoring Control - To receive and record scores and statistics of the professionals during the competitive rounds and communicate this information. Golf knowledge required.
- Spectator Information -To provide directory assistance to spectators and corporate clients, and answer any and all questions regarding the CIMB Classic.
- Standard Bearers - To accompany each group of professionals during play and display their scores in relation to par on a cumulative basis. The Standard Bearers committee consists mostly of young adults, who must carry the standard (weight approximately 2-3 kilograms) and walk the length of the course.
- Television Spotters - The CIMB Classic will be broadcasted on television across the globe. You will be assisting the TV crews with equipment and running errands while walking all 18 holes. MUST have golf knowledge.
- Walking Scorers - To record and communicate scores and statistics of the professionals during the competitive rounds while walking the length of the course. Golf knowledge required.
- Volunteer Administration - Coordinate all the volunteers according to their group and to distribute food and beverages to volunteers on the course, and assist in the distribution of volunteer uniforms.
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND REQUIREMENTS
1.Week-long official apparel (two (2) T-shirts and one (1) cap)
2.Week-long volunteer admittance credentials
3.Week-long volunteer parking pass
4.Volunteers Golf Day on Thursday, October 19, 2017
5.Volunteers Party on Sunday, October 15, 2017 upon conclusion of play
7.Meals on the day you work (breakfast and lunch)
8.Certificate for volunteer service
Volunteers will be required to work and participate in event activities throughout the four days of the tournament, Thursday - Sunday, as well as potential days leading up to the tournament based on your committee assignment. In addition, they will need to attend a familiarization day on Saturday, October 7, 2017 at TPC Kuala Lumpur prior to tournament week.
1.All volunteers should have some understanding of the game of golf. However, there are many roles available that do not require complete knowledge of the game.
2.Volunteers must have good spoken and written English.
3.All volunteers are required to be courteous and attentive in their roles at all times.
4.Good social and interpersonal skills are also required as all the roles involve working with others.
5.Volunteers are not allowed to ask players for their autographs while in uniform.
6.All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age with the exception of Standard Bearers, as of October 1, 2017.
1.All applicants must submit their application on-line.
2.All applications will be processed and reviewed.
3.All applicants will be informed of their selection prior to the event.
4.Deadline to receive applications is October 5, 2017.
Each volunteer will receive a handbook that is an essential reference to assist you in your important volunteer duties. The handbook will contain information regarding your credentials, access and parking, schedule of events and other amenities and helpful hints to make your time as a volunteer at the CIMB Classic more enjoyable.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact: