Proceeds from the Mitsubishi Electric Classic will benefit local charities through the Gwinnett Campionship Foundation, Inc.
The mission of the Gwinnett Championship Foundation, Inc. is to conduct a PGA TOUR Champions sanctioned professional golf tournament that will contribute positively to the quality of life in the Gwinnett County, GA community, provide growing annual financial contributions to locally established IRC 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, promote volunteerism, and provide a positive economic impact to the community.
The Mitsubishi Electric Classic is proud to support Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
Read more about them below courtesy of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta:
[Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is] Georgia’s leading pediatric healthcare provider with three hospitals and multiple neighborhood locations. For more than 100 years, our purpose has been the same: making kids better today and healthier tomorrow. We not only deliver exceptional care to Georgia’s kids, but we have also advanced the field of pediatrics through groundbreaking research and clinical trials. Our lifesaving medical programs have helped treat kids with complex childhood illnesses from all around the world.
At Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, caring for your sick or injured child is a responsibility we take seriously. That’s why we work hard every day to provide high-quality care to our patients and their families. We are committed to keeping patients safe, providing the same standard of care in every facility, and making sure there is effective communication amount patients, parents and caregivers. Learn more about our quality care.
At Children’s, we strive to provide the best possible care and experience for every child. Pediatric hospitals like Children’s are designed to take as much sting out of being in the hospital as possible. Bright, cheery rooms, streaming natural light, playrooms and activities make for a kid-friendly place that is fun, inviting and safe.
Having mom, dad and siblings around makes a difference, too. That is why we work to support you offering a number of thoughtful amenities and programs for the whole family.
- Constant Access. 24-hour family visitation, including in our intensive care units.
- A place for you. Sleeping rooms, showers, business centers and more for you and your family.
- Extended-stay accommodations. Local accommodations available through the Mason Guest House and Ronald McDonald House.
- Play Areas. In-hospital playrooms, so your child can enjoy time with siblings and other children.
- Activities. Events that give your child a chance to have some fun—like swimming, crafts, team sports and programs for teens to socialize.
- Laughter. Humorology Atlanta administers a healthy dose of laughter to patients, families and visitors.
- School support. An accredited hospital-based school program that helps your child complete school assignments and keep up with classes.
- Family support groups. Support groups for families dealing with medial issues including asthma, cancer, blood disorders, heart conditions, diabetes and transplants.
Children’s is nationally recognized for raising the bar in pediatric healthcare through our focus on family-centered care, emerging research and innovation, and building to the future. No matter what your child’s health condition, you can be confident in our experience and skill in treating it. We provide world-class care in more than 60 pediatric specialties and we’re continually named one of the best children’s hospital in the country. Read more about our awards and recognition.
Our patients inspire us to never settle. As the largest pediatric healthcare provider in Georgia and one of the top-rated children’s hospitals in the country, we are transforming pediatric care for brighter tomorrows. We’re building an innovative hospital just for kids that will represent the most significant investment we’ve made since Children’s was founded. Our future campus will attract medical luminaries from around the globe to change pediatrics for generations to come.
The Mitsubishi Electric Classic is proud to support the Special Needs Schools of Gwinnett.
Read more about them below courtesy of Special Needs Schools of Gwinnett:
Click to learn more about our school and our If We Build It, They Will Grow Capital Campaign
- To provide the highest quality of educational and therapeutic programming available to children with and without disabilities.
- To nurture and challenge each student on his or her own level to in all developmental and curricular areas.
- To instill in each student the positive self-image and love for learning which will lead to life long learning and personal development.
- To support parents in their growing understanding of their children’s needs and abilities and in their quest for the best learning environment for their children.
Our special needs students are children first with all of the needs, desires, and feelings of children without disabilities. They are more like other children than different. Their disabilities are inconveniences that keep them from enjoying full lives, and therefore must be overcome or compensated for so that the children can grow and move out into the world.
Special Needs Schools of Gwinnett exists for its students; the students do not exist for the school. Children do not have to “qualify” for SNS, they must simply need it. Students don’t have to fit into the classes; the class and program is made to meet the individual student’s needs.
Classes are cross-categorical and grouped, with occasional exceptions, by chronological age. Each student has something to offer his/her classmates. Higher functioning students are models for their lower functioning peers. Lower functioning students teach their peers patience, tolerance and compassion. They learn that a person’s value is not related to what he/she can or can’t do but is inherent in his/her very existence as a child of God.
Parents know their children the best and can provide us with the most important information about their students. We listen to their pain and joy; support their efforts and treat them with respect, concern, compassion and gentleness.
Special Needs Schools of Gwinnett offers classes for children from toddlers to 12 th grade.
- Toddlers. Children are involved in developmental activities on their level. Emphasis is on sensory and vestibular stimulation; language and cognitive stimulation; manipulative skills, movement, social interaction and beginning learning behaviors.
- Preschoolers. Students are involved in developmental and pre-academic activities on their level and work directly on language, cognitive, fine motor, large motor, social skills and school behaviors.
- Primary. Students are involved in developmental and academic activities on each child’s level. The primary school curriculum is individualized with emphasis on challenging each student academically, socially and behaviorally, regardless of developmental level.
- Middle and High School. A team teaching/class changing approach is used. Their schedule includes language arts, math, science, social studies and specials (art, computer, life skills, problem solving, etc.).
Special Needs Schools of Gwinnett’s curriculum has a goal of exposing the students to all of the learning experiences that are a part of all early childhood, primary, middle and high school programs. [Some highlights of their program] includes:
- Learning about themselves, each other, their families, homes, community and world;
- Learning how to solve problems effectively and fairly;
- Developing self-confidence, body strength and coordination through recreational therapy and outdoor play opportunities;
- Developing good school and learning behaviors such as paying attention, sitting still, taking turns, following directions, respecting authority, etc.;
- Learning writing, reading, math, science, social studies and other academic skills;
- Building self-esteem, self-confidence and an “I can” attitude