It appears your browser may be outdated. For the best website experience, we recommend updating your browser.
Welcome to the 2018 Dominion Energy Charity Classic! For two years running, the tournament has been voted by PGA TOUR Champions players as their favorite event in which to play. But it’s also a huge hit with spectators (just check out the online reviews, or ask friend who has been!).
Now in its third year, the Dominion Energy Charity Classic is the first event of the Charles Schwab Cup Playoffs. The Charity Classic provides not only an exceptional golf experience unlike any in Richmond, but also offers fans – and first-timers – plenty of unique social experiences.
This is a special tournament for the PGA TOUR Champions field, where the top 72 players in the Charles Schwab Cup standings will tee it up at The Country Club of Virginia for a chance to head to Los Angeles in the top 54, to compete in the Invesco QQQ Championship, and ultimately the Charles Schwab Cup Championship title! There’s also plenty to do besides watch golf, as the tournament features local food, local drinks, and tons of entertainment options for kids and adults.
Here’s all you need to know.
The tournament is held from Oct. 18 to 22 at The Country Club of Virginia, James River Course.
GROUNDS TICKETS • Daily Grounds (Friday-Sunday): $28 (practice round on Thursday: $18) • Weekly Grounds: $82 • Youth 18 and under receive complimentary admission to the grounds with a paying adult. • Military – including all active duty, reserve, veterans, and retirees – plus their dependents, receive complimentary admission.
General Parking Parking for the general public is located at West Creek Fields, a short shuttle ride to The Country Club of Virginia, James River Course.
West Creek Fields 12575 West Creek Parkway Henrico, VA 23238
Parking is $5 per car, and cash or credit card is accepted on-site. Parking passes may be purchased in advance. Volunteers can park for free with display of their volunteer credentials.
A shuttle moves spectators from General Parking to the James River Course. Shuttles run regularly, take approximately 15 minutes, and are free of charge.
Uber & Rideshare New in 2018, Uber, the Preferred Transportation Partner of the Dominion Energy Charity Classic, and other rideshare services will have a dedicated unloading and loading zone within the parking lot of Second Baptist Church. Uber and rideshare vehicles can access the drop-off and pick-up area via the entrance on River Road, just east of S. Gaskins Road. Riders can access a free shuttle (about a two minute ride) from the Uber Lot to the James River Course when they arrive, and then back to the Uber Lot to depart. The Uber lot will be open for the competition rounds Friday through Sunday.
Uber Lot Second Baptist Church 9614 River Road Richmond, VA 23229
Please note that Uber and other rideshare services will not be permitted to drop-off or pick-up on S. Gaskins Road or at the James River Course.
Fan Zone presented by Henrico County Located between Holes 1 and 18, fans can take a break from the action by visiting the Fan Zone presented by Henrico County and enjoying all that it has to offer. In the Fan Zone (open Thursday through Sunday), you’ll find:
Exposition Village Exposition Village includes over several tents from various tournament sponsors, including Henrico County, Virginia Eye Institute, Virginia Premier, HiDow and Diamond Resorts. Pearson Signature Dealerships, the Official Vehicle Sponsor of the tournament, will also have vehicles on display (and use them to shuttle players around).
• Arroz: "Simple. Fresh. Grilled." What more can you ask for from a food truck that makes burritos, bowls and salads with healthy ingredients? Pick your protein and load up on veggies, rice and salsa for an authentic, satisfying meal. • Firehouse Bar-B-Que: If you're in the mood for authentic, southern BBQ, look no further than Firestone. All of their meats are hand-rubbed and smoked with hickory wood for up to 16 hours, and everything is made from scratch • Grapevine: Serving authentic Greek and Italian specialties, including salads, pizza, sandwiches and entrees. • Manchu: Get your soul something satisfying food to eat. Enjoy wings and fried rice, whipped up from a more than 30-year-old family-owned recipe from New Orleans. • King of Pops: Grab a cold (freezing, actually) and locally made pop from the King! Find carts in the Fan Zone (between holes 1 and 18) and on 10 Fairway, next to the Craft Brew Yard and Volunteer Village.
Grey Goose 19th Hole Be sure to stop by the Grey Goose 19th Hole for a quick refreshment at the turn. Go figure… Bacardi and Grey Goose beverages will be featured.
Michelob ULTRA BAR What more can you ask for: It’s a bar that unfolds out of a giant trailer and serves up Michelob Ultra and other domestic Anheuser-Busch beverages. Tastes great, looks cool.
Interactive Areas Don’t just watch golf…play it too! Teaching professionals from the Middle Atlantic PGA will be available to help you improve your golf game by taking a few swings in the hitting nets and simulators.
Kids’ Zone Kids of all ages are welcome to play, create and learn with Imagination Playground! Kids can use their imagination to build their own playground using the blue cubes, cylinders, bricks and cogs. Kids can also challenge their family and friends to a putt-putt contest on the mini-golf course.
Videoboard Don’t want to miss any college or NFL games while you watch the best PGA TOUR Champions players compete? Our Fan Zone Videoboard will broadcast college football on Saturday and the NFL on Sunday in addition to the Golf Channel broadcast of the tournament each afternoon.
Dominion Energy Solar Spot charging station ABC: Always Be Charging. Make sure your phone doesn’t go kaput in the middle of the tournament (and also be sure to follow the phone rules – see below). The Dominion Energy Solar Spot will keep your phone charged and ready to take some superb selfies.
Craft Beer Yard by Capital Ale House New for 2018, Richmond’s local craft brew scene makes it way to the Charity Classic! Located off to the right side of 10 fairway, the Craft Brew Yard by Capital Ale House will be pouring local brews from Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, Ardent Craft Ales, and Devils Backbone Brewing Co. Also featured: The Giant Bavarian Pretzel from Capital Ale House. The Craft Brew Yard is open Friday through Sunday.
Greenside Seats presented by Davenport & Company and Virginia Eye Institute New for 2018, spectators taking in the action at 9 and 18 greens are invited to grab a seat in the Greenside Seat areas. Seats are first come, first served, so arrive early to get your spot. If you are seated in a Greenside Seat when the final putt of the day drops on that hole, you get to take the seat home! Open Friday – Sunday.
Birdies for Charity presented by TowneBank It’s the third word of the tournament: CHARITY! Make a positive impact in our community by visiting the Birdies for Charity tent at 18 green. Contributions to Birdies for Charity presented by TowneBank go to your favorite participating charity and can be made through a flat donation or per “birdie” made by the pros during the competition. Plus, whatever amount you give, the PGA TOUR will donate an additional 10%!
Tournament Merchandise Stop in The Country Club of Virginia’s Golf Shop, located in the clubhouse next to 10 tee for a great selection of tournament apparel, novelty items, and other merch. The store is open Thursday through Sunday.
VCU Health Walk VCU Health, in addition to providing spectators with first aid care, offers you the opportunity to embark on the “VCU Health Walk,” a 1-mile walk around the course. Watch the best PGA TOUR Champions golfers compete while walking the course and reading fun wellness facts from the experts at VCU Health.
In partnership with WestRock, the Dominion Energy Charity Classic offers upgraded experiences to veterans and military during tournament week.
1. Military Personnel Complimentary Grounds Admission Program - Active duty, National Guard and Reserve military members, military retirees and their dependents will receive complimentary Grounds admission. Military Veterans also receive complimentary Grounds admission. To get your tickets, please click here.
2. Birdies for the Brave Patriots Outpost presented by WestRock - All military guests and their dependents will be treated to complimentary food and beverages and a relaxing venue for viewing the tournament in the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost Presented by WestRock, a military-exclusive hospitality venue located adjacent to 10 green, open Friday-Sunday.
3. Pro-Am Military Caddie Program - At 2 p.m. Thursday of tournament week,18 active duty or veteran service members will have the unique opportunity to caddie for a PGA TOUR Champions player for one hole during the Official Tournament Pro-Am.
4. Military Appreciation Ceremony - A Military Recognition Ceremony immediately preceding play on Friday, October 19th will be held at 1 tee at 7:20 a.m. to honor our nation’s heroes with a National Anthem performance, a Joint-Services Color Guard, and remarks from military dignitaries.
Trophy Ceremony Come crown the champion! Immediately following tournament play on Sunday, October 21, (approximately 5:10 p.m.) go to the 18th green to see the winner up close and snap a few photos. He could go on to win the Charles Schwab Cup!
On Saturday, October 20 at 5:00 p.m., all fans are invited to enjoy a free Good Shot Judy concert at Hardywood Park Craft Brewery West Creek.
You can take photos with your mobile device, but PLEASE keep it in silent mode and turn off the flash! Download the free PGA TOUR app, which offers a map of the course and amenities, live play-by-play action and player scorecards. • Please keep devices in silent mode at all times • Calls may be placed or answered only in areas away from play • Please do not use your phone when players are in position to compete
• Our website (you should know this, you’re here now): www.deccgolf.com • When you post anything to social media, tag it with #deccgolf. We’d like to see everyone’s experiences, and who knows, we may even share your stuff! • Like the Dominion Energy Charity Classic on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@DECCGOLF) for insider info and the latest updates and happenings.
© 1995-2019 PGA TOUR, Inc | All Rights Reserved.
PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Web.com Tour, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks.
Web.com is also a registered trademark used here with permission, and used in the Web.com Tour logo with permission.