|AD PLACEMENT NAME||SUPER LEADERBOARD||LEADERBOARD||MEDIUM RECTANGLE||HALF PAGE||MOBILE WEB||IN BANNER VIDEO|
|Ad Size||970x90||728x90||300x250||300x600||320X50, 320X100||300x250|
|Looping & Max. Length of Anim.||3 loop limit, 15 sec max||3 loop limit, 15 sec max||3 loop limit, 15 sec max||3 loop limit, 15 sec max||3 loop limit, 15 sec max||3 loop limit, 15 sec max|
|Frames per Second||24 fps||24 fps||24 fps||24 fps||24 fps||24 fps|
|Max Initial Load File Size(k)||200 KB||200 KB||200 KB||200 KB||50 KB||200 KB|
|Max Full Load File Size Flash/Rich Media (k)||300 KB||300 KB||300 KB||300 KB||200 KB||300 KB|
|Accepted formats||GIF, JPG, SWF, HTML5||GIF, JPG, SWF, HTML5||GIF, JPG, SWF, HTML5||GIF, JPG, SWF, HTML5||GIF, JPG, Animating GIF, PNG||GIF, JPG, Animating GIF, PNG|
|3rd Party Tags Accepted||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|3rd Party Tracking Accepted||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes (1 click & 1 impression tracker per ad size)|
|Sound Allowed||Yes, on click||No||Yes, on click||Yes, on click||N/A||Yes, on click|
|Video Allowed||No||No||Yes, on click||Yes, on click||N/A||Yes|
|Z-Index Range:||0 - 4,999||0 - 4,999||0 - 4,999||0 - 4,999||0 - 4,999||0 - 4,999|
|Notes||Must provide backup .gif/.jpg along with any swf/html 5 creative||Recommended Max Video Length 30 seconds|
General HTML5 Ad Requirements (Apply to all ads):
- Interest-Based Advertising (IBA): Include IBA self-regulation controls for ads using behavioral targeting (5 KB max file size)
- Audio: Must be user-initiated. To allow for audio initiation in videos without player controls, a control may be included for user to initiate audio.
- Hotspot: Not to exceed 1/4 size of ad. Initiated when cursor rests on hotspot for at least 1 sec. Must NOT initiate audio.
- Defining ad space: Ad unit content must be clearly distinguishable from normal webpage content (ad unit must have clearly defined borders and not be confused with normal page content).
- Max CPU: ad not to exceed 30% CPU usage during host-initiated execution. Submission lead time: Minimum lead time for ad file submission is 6 days before campaign start.
- Max number of host-initiated file requests: ad not to exceed 15 file requests during initial file load and host-initiated subload. Unlimited file requests allowed after user-interaction.
- SSL Secure - HTML5 Creatives must be SSL Secure.
- SafeFrames - DFP serves HTML5 bundles in SafeFrame iFrames. This is not optional.
- Required for ads with video: Video may omit controls until user initiates interaction. Upon user interaction, video controls must include Play, Pause, Mute or volume control to zero (0) output for videos that expand out of initial ad upon interaction. For auto play videos that play in banner only Mute or volume control to zero(0) is required.
- HTML5 video controls: To improve performance and reduce file size, use control attributes in the HTML5 video tag for controls instead of providing custom assets for displaying controls.
- Adaptive bitrate streaming: HTML5 does not support streaming video, but it can simulate a streaming experience using adaptive bitrate streaming technologies such as HLS and MPEG-DASH. Formatting files for adaptive bitrate streaming enables a smoother viewer experience. Adaptive bitrate streaming uses short fragments (2-3 seconds) of the video at different quality levels and stores them in a playlist file such as M3U8. During playback, the player detects bandwidth at the start of each fragment and plays the fragment at the quality level best suited to the bandwidth and player environment. Common protocols for adaptive bitrate streaming include HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) in the US and MPEG-DASH in the EU.
- Video codec: Use MPEG-4 (MP4) file formats for H.264-encoded video for a more seamless delivery across devices. The H.264 codec should use a Baseline profile to allow for more diverse execution in systems that range from a cellular connection on a mobile screen to a high-speed cable connection on an HTTP-connect TV screen. For audio, AAC is more widely supported (PCM audio is unsupported in Flash players).
- Video format: At a minimum, the MP4/H.264 file format should be provided.