2017 Web.com Tour eligibility ranking
June 19, 2017
By Staff, PGATOUR.COM
- The 2016 Web.com Tour Regular Season features 22 events, leading into the four-event Web.com Tour Finals. (Keyur Khamar/PGA TOUR)
2017 WEB.COM TOUR ELIGIBILITY CATEGORIES
1. Tournament Winners
Winners of Web.com Tour co-sponsored events in the last calendar year or during the current year.
2. Past Champion of Current Week's Event
3. 2015 Order of Merit Leaders:
Mackenzie Tour-PGA TOUR Canada – Dan McCarthy
PGA TOUR China – Zecheng Dou
4. Winner of 2016 Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament
5. Next 25 Money Leaders from 2016 Web.com Tour Finals who did not earn a PGA TOUR card
Ted Potter, Jr.
6. Top 75 Money Leaders from 2016 Web.com Tour Regular Season
7. Former Fully Exempt PGA TOUR Members
8. 48- and 49-Year-Old PGA TOUR Members (3 spots per event)
9. Top-25 Money Winners from Web.com Tour Regular Season / Top-25 Money Winners from Web.com Tour Finals
10. Open Qualifiers (12 per event)
Twelve (12) low scores from local Open Qualifying.
11. Tournament Sponsor Exemptions (4 per event)
On invitation of the tournament sponsor, a maximum of four (4) players, including amateurs with USGA handicaps of zero (0) or less … two restricted and two unrestricted.
12. Umbrella Sponsor Exemption / Web.com (1 per event)
13. Top 25 from Previous Event
If not otherwise exempt, the top-25 finishing professionals and those tied for 25th place in the immediately preceding Web.com Tour event (on a space-available basis).
14. Major Medical Extension
Richard S. Johnson
15. PGA TOUR Members Not Exempt for Current PGA TOUR Event
If needed to fill the field, PGA TOUR members who are not eligible for the PGA TOUR event occurring simultaneously with the Web.com Tour event.
16. Top 25 on current Web.com Tour money list
17. First reorder category
Dawie van der Walt
Samuel Del Val
18. 151-200 in prior season FedExCup points
Brendon de Jonge
19. Top 100 WCT money leaders/Q-School finalists (PGA TOUR past champion/veteran members)
20. Past Champions (3-4 years)
21. Additional Finishers from 2016 Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament; Extended Money List (Nos. 76-100)
+ Finishers 2-5 on PGA TOUR Latinoamerica Order of Merit
+ Finishers 2-5 on Mackenzie Tour-PGA TOUR Canada Order of Merit
+ Finishers 2-5 on PGA TOUR China Order of Merit
John Young Kim
Richard H. Lee
22. PGA TOUR Past Champions, Team Winners and Veteran Members but not within top 150 on 2015-16 FedExCup Points List
23. Minor Medical Extension / Non-Exempt Special Members
24. PGA TOUR Past Champions
25. PGA TOUR Special Temporary Members
26. PGA TOUR Team Championship Winners
27. PGA TOUR Veteran Members
28. Special Temporary Members
29. Web.com Tour Past Champions, 5-10 years (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007)
30. Veteran Members (150 career cuts combined on PGA TOUR and Web.com Tour)
31. Additional Open Qualifiers
Note: Reshuffles will occur every four events during the 2017 Web.com Tour Regular Season, upon the conclusion of the Panama Claro Championship; Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship; Air Capital Classic; Utah Championship presented by Zions Bank; and Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper.
Web.com Tour Performance Benefits
For the PGA TOUR:
• The top-25 players from the Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List earn their PGA TOUR cards (with positioning determined in the Finals).
• The top-25 players on the Web.com Tour Finals Money List who do not already have a card also earn a PGA TOUR Card (with positioning determined in the Finals).
• Any Web.com Tour member who wins three events in the same calendar year becomes eligible immediately for PGA TOUR membership in the current year and is exempt from the reshuffle the following year.
For the Web.com Tour:
• Winners of Web.com Tour events are fully exempt for Web.com Tour Regular Season events for the balance of the year of their win and the following full year. They are then eligible via Past Champion categories for an additional eight years.
• The top-75 players on the Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List are fully exempt for the following year’s Web.com Tour Regular Season events.
• The next 25 players on the Web.com Tour Finals Money List who did not earn PGA TOUR cards are fully exempt for the following year’s Web.com Tour Regular Season events.
• The leading money winner from the top-25 Web.com Tour Regular Season, using combined money earned on the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list and money earned in the Web.com Tour Finals, and the leading money winner from the official Web.com Tour Finals money list at the conclusion of the Finals, should they be different players, are exempt from the reshuffle the following year and are also awarded an exemption into THE PLAYERS Championship.
• Finishers 76 to 100 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List are conditionally exempt for the following year’s Web.com Tour Regular Season events.
• Winners of Web.com Tour events are exempt for the particular tournament won for the following five years.
• PGA TOUR 126-150 in FedExCup points are eligible in the current year for the Web.com Tour Finals and are fully exempt for the following year on the Web.com Tour.
• PGA TOUR 151-200 in FedExCup points are eligible in the current year for the Web.com Tour Finals and have conditional status for the following year on the Web.com Tour.
Other Performance Benefits:
• Players within the next 50 players who did not earn a PGA TOUR card through the Web.com Tour Finals are exempt into the Final Stage of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.
• Finishers 76-85 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List are exempt to the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament Finals.
• Finishers 86 to 100 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List and any player who played in the Web.com Tour Finals are exempt into the second stage of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.
• Winners of Web.com Tour tournaments in the previous three seasons are exempt into the second stage of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.
• Finishers 1 through 50 on the previous year’s Web.com Tour Regular Season Money List and winners of Web.com Tour events in the current year and previous year are exempt from Local Qualifying for the U.S. Open.