Stars at the BMW Charity Pro-AmMay 14, 2008
PGA TOUR staff
There are several celebrities in the field at the BMW Charity Pro-Am this week. Want to know more about them? We've got you covered. • Joe Pesci -- This Academy Award-winning actor has starred in films like "Goodfellas", "Raging Bull", "Lethal Weapon 2" and "Home Alone", to name a few. Most recently, the compact Italian-American and avid golfer appeared in "The Good Shepherd".
• Dennis Quaid -- A likeable actor who has appeared in everything from a remake of "The Parent Trap" to "Wyatt Earp", "Any Given Sunday", "The Alamo" and "The Day After Tomorrow", Quaid is a huge golf fan and has a single-digit handicap.
• Luke Wilson -- Another actor with a love for golf, Wilson has a diverse repertoire of films. He played Reese Witherspoon's love interest in "Legally Blonde" but is best known for his comedic performances in the films "Anchorman", "The Royal Tenenbaums" and "Old School".
• Greg Kinnear -- Catch him at the BMW Charity Pro-Am or catch him at the local movie theater in "Baby Mama", his latest film. This actor has been in "Little Miss Sunshine", "As Good As It Gets" and "Stuck on You".
• Kurt Russell -- A popular actor whose career has spanned several decades, Russell's recent credits include "Poseidon" and "Miracle". He and actress Goldie Hawn have been together for many years and he is very close to Hawn's children Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson (both actors themselves).
• Oliver Hudson -- The son of actress Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson, Oliver Hudson has made a name for himself by appearing in the television shows "Dawson's Creek" and now "Rules of Engagement".
• Catherine Bell -- This television actress starred on the hit show "JAG" for a number of years and can now be seen in "Army Wives". She has played in the BMW Charity Pro-Am before.
• Wayne Gretzky -- This former NHL superstar needs no introduction but we'll try to quickly sum up his illustrious career -- four Stanley Cups, nine Hart Trophies as the most valuable player, 10 Art Ross Trophies for most points in a season and considered by many to be the "greatest hockey player of all time". Currently a coach for the Phoenix Coyotes, Gretzky will host a Nationwide Tour event in Canada later this season.
• Janet Jones-Gretzky -- An actress -- and, of course, wife to Wayne Gretzky -- she's a very talented golfer and won the BMW Charity Pro-Am with Darren Angel in 2007.
• Kevin Sorbo -- How can you not think "Hercules" when you read the name Kevin Sorbo? Best known for his role in several "Hercules" films and a television series, this actor has recently guest starred in several TV shows.
• Dave Coulier -- Uncle Joey Gladstone from the hit TV sitcom "Full House", Coulier has continued doing stand-up comedy -- which features cartoon-like voices and impersonations -- in the years since its cancellation.
• Stefani Schaeffer -- Winner of the hit show "The Apprentice" in Season 6, Schaeffer was a practicing attorney and currently is vice president of marketing for Trump International Hotel & Tower.
• Patrick Warburton -- Known for his deep, monotone voice and his large frame, Warburton has provided voices for several popular TV series (including "Family Guy") and made an appearance on "Seinfeld". He can currently be found on television in "Rules of Engagement".
• Michael Pena -- Appeared in the Academy Award-winning films "Crash" and "Million Dollar Baby" as well as "World Trade Center" and "Babel".
• Sterling Sharpe -- A former wide receiver in the NFL, Sharpe played for the Green Bay Packers for several years and is now an analyst for the NFL Network.
• Kordell Stewart -- This NFL quarterback, known to many as "Slash", played for the Baltimore Ravens, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Chicago Bears.
• Jason Dohring -- Formerly on the popular show "Veronica Mars", he most recently could be found on national television in the vampire-based show "Moonlight".
• Josh Kelley -- Perhaps best known for marrying "Grey's Anatomy" actress Katherine Heigl, Kelley is also a popular American singer and has had several hit songs.
• Cheech Marin -- This comedian has an impressive list of credits, including "Born in East L.A.", "Spy Kids", the television show "Lost" and a successful comedy act with Tommy Chong, but it was his part in the golf movie "Tin Cup" that helped him become popular with audiences. It also made him an avid golfer.
• Steve Azar -- A country music singer, Azar's most well-known hit is titled "I Don't Have to Be Me ('Til Monday)".
• Gary Valentine -- The brother of actor Kevin James, Valentine is also an American actor and comedian who has appeared in "King of Queens" and the movie "Stuck on You."
• Mark Rypien -- A former quarterback for the Washington Redskins and Super Bowl MVP, he's a big golfer and competes in several charity tournaments throughout the country.
• Branford Marsalis -- He's an American jazz and classical saxophonist who once made guest appearances with The Grateful Dead among his many other impressive credentials.
• Pat Green -- If you watch the GOLF CHANNEL, you've probably heard Pat Green's hit single "Feels Just Like it Should". He's a popular singer-songwriter who has been nominated for three Grammy Awards.
• George Rogers -- This former NFL running back won the Heisman Trophy in 1980 and was twice named to the Pro Bowl team in the early 1980s as an NFL star.
• Jennifer Mills -- A native of Greenville, S.C., Mills has worked for the GOLF CHANNEL since its debut in 1995.