Scott Piercy shot a final-round 67 to win the RBC Canadian Open
on Sunday, edging William McGirt and Robert Garrigus by a
Piercy got off to a hot start with four straight birdies early
in his round, then avoided trouble over the final few holes to
secure the victory.
It’s second win of Piercy’s career.
With the victory, Piercy earns the following:
- Earns second career PGA TOUR victory at the age of 33 years,
8 months and 23 days in his 120th career start on TOUR.
- Earns 500 FedExCup points and is projected to move into the
top-15 in the FedExCup standings.
- Earns two-year exemption, taking him through the 2014 PGA
- Becomes the 28
th different winner on the PGA TOUR in 2012, and 14
th to do so in his 30s.
- Earns his third top-10 finish of the season (T5 transitions
rd John Deere Classic).
- Earns an invitation into the 2012 World Golf
- Becomes the 14
th different American to win the RBC Canadian Open
- Earns RBC Canadian Open victory in third start in the event
(T6 2011, T40 2009).
- If not otherwise exempt, earns a spot in the following
- 2013 Hyundai Tournament of Champions
- 2013 Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton
- 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational
- 2013 Masters Tournament
- 2013 RBC Heritage
- 2013 THE PLAYERS Championship
- 2013 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial
- 2013 the Memorial Tournament