May 27 2012
- Jason Dufner will retain the FedExCup points lead no matter what happens today. He can take a massive 540-point lead over Hunter Mahan with a win.
- If Dufner wins, he would become the season’s first three-time winner, and the first to win three times in a season since Jim Furyk achieved the feat in 2010. Furyk, however, didn't win his third until THE TOUR Championship in September.
- Should Dufner win, he would become just the second player to win the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial and HP Byron Nelson Championship in the same year (Ben Hogan/1946), but the first to do so in back-to-back weeks.
- With a win, Dufner would become the 15th player to win both the HP Byron Nelson Championship and the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial during their career. Others who have completed the “DFW Double” are Ben Crenshaw, Roberto De Vicenzo, Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Bruce Devlin, Jack Nicklaus, Lanny Wadkins, Tom Watson, Bruce Lietzke, Nick Price, Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia, Rory Sabbatini and Julius Boros.
- With a win, Dufner would crack the top 10 in the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in his career.
- Zach Johnson's tournament scoring record (259, 21 under, 2010) appears to be safe. Dufner would have to shoot 63 or better to break it.