By winning the Shell Houston Open, Hunter Mahan:
● Earns fifth PGA TOUR victory in 240th career start at the age of 29 years, 10 months and 14 days.
● Earns 500 FedExCup points and moves to first in the season-long points race.
● Career Victories: 2007 Travelers Championship; 2010 Waste Management Phoenix Open, WGC-Bridgestone Invitational; 2012 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, Shell Houston Open
● Extends fully-exempt status through the end of the 2016 season.
● Becomes the fourth U.S.-born winner of the Shell Houston Open in the last five years. Prior to that stretch, international-born players had won the event seven of nine times between 1999 and 2007.
● Becomes the first multiple winner of the season.
● Records his third top 10 (1-WGC-Accenture Match Play Champ., 1-Shell Houston Open, T6-Farmers Insurance Open).
● Posts the sixth win by a player in his 20s this season.
● Five career wins ties the record for most by players currently in their 20s. Here’s the list of players with three or more wins: Hunter Mahan, Dustin Johnson (5), Bill Haas (4), Sean O’Hair (4), Anthony Kim (3).