With his win Sunday at the World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship, Hunter Mahan:
● Earns fourth PGA TOUR victory in 237th career start at the age of 29 years, 9 months and 9 days.
● Collects 550 FedExCup points.
● Extends fully-exempt status through the end of the 2015 season.
● PGA TOUR Career Victories (4): 2007 Travelers Championship; 2010 Waste Management Phoenix Open; WGC-Bridgestone Invitational; 2012 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship
● Four career wins are the second most by players currently in their 20s. Here’s the list of players with three or more wins: Dustin Johnson (5), Hunter Mahan (4), Bill Haas (4), Sean O’Hair (4), Camilo Villegas (3) and Anthony Kim (3).
WGC-ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP NOTES:
● Mahan and Rory McIlroy (22) meeting in the finals marked the first time in Accenture Match Play Championship history that two 20-somethings met in the finals.
● Is the first American to advance to the finals of the Accenture Match Play Championship since Tiger Woods and Stewart Cink faced each other in 2008.
● Improves Accenture Match Play Championship record to 10-4 in five career starts (2008-2012). His previous best finish at this event was T9 (2011).
● Joins Tiger Woods (Accenture Match Play Championship – 2003, 2004; Cadillac – 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005; Bridgestone – 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005) as the only players to capture multiple World Golf Championships titles in their 20s.
● Two of four wins on TOUR have come in Arizona (2010 Waste Management Phoenix Open).
● Joins a group of five other players with Multiple World Golf Championships victories: Tiger Woods (16), Geoff Ogilvy (3), Darren Clarke (2), Ernie Els (2), Phil Mickelson (2)