SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- The PGA TOUR's ShotLink guru Alex Turbull came up with some interesting stats on Spencer Levin. Consider these tidbits:
* No one has more rounds in the 60s since the start of the 2010 season than Levin. Yesterday’s 68 was his 111th round in the 60s over this time frame.
* No one has been better with their irons this week than Levin. Through three rounds, he’s missed just 10 greens to lead the field in GIR (81.5 percent). This is a large improvement over his 2012 season average of 67.6 percent (T-109th on TOUR).
* Of the 10 greens he’s missed this week, he’s successfully salvaged par or better eight times (80 percent) to rank tied for third in scrambling. On the greens, Levin currently ranks 11th for putts gained, out performing the field by +4.5 strokes with his putter.
* He's dominated on the par 3s this week at TPC Scottsdale. Through three rounds, Levin has made birdies on six of the 12 par 3s – which also leads the field.
* He's nearly blemish-free this week -- making just two bogeys through 54 holes (fewest over par holes in the field this week). This is impressive considering that the average player has 8.34 bogeys or worse this week through three rounds.
* He's yet to shoot an under par final round in 2012. In his first three starts of the season, Levin has final rounds of 72, 73, 72 ranking T-110th on TOUR for final round stroke average