AUGUSTA, Ga. – We’ve taken a look at the 93 professionals in this week’s field and given each one a momentum level ranking of high, medium or low ( click here for the full momentum chart ).
Among the pros, here’s who we think are the five hottest players heading into this week’s Masters:
1. NICK WATNEY … Won the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship; has made six starts on TOUR this year, and his lowest finish is a tie for 13th at Transitions.
2. MATT KUCHAR … Has finished in the top 10 in six of his eight TOUR starts this year; was a semifinalist at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championships and finished fifth at the Cadillac Championship.
3. PHIL MICKELSON … If you base the momentum level just on a player’s last 36 holes, obviously no player is hotter than Mickelson, who surged to victory last weekend at the Shell Houston Open.
4. LUKE DONALD … Played great in winning the Accenture Match Play Championship and followed with two top-10s in his next two TOUR starts. But is he long enough for Augusta National?
5. MARTIN LAIRD … Tied for 10th at Cadillac Championship; tied for fifth at Transitions; then won Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard in his last start. Hmm, maybe he should be heading this list?
OK, so who do you think has the most momentum going into this week? Is it one of the five players above, or someone else? Fill out the form below and send us your opinion. And don’t forget to check out the full momentum chart on PGATOUR.COM.