It appears your browser may be outdated. For the best website experience, we recommend updating your browser.   learn more

Photo Gallery

Did you know you can save your preferences across all your digital devices and platforms simply by creating a profile? Would you like to get started?
Not right now
No, never ask again
    • 12/5/2011 - Northern Trust Open's TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ awards $10,000 in matching funds

    Northern Trust Open's TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ awards $10,000 in matching funds

    LOS ANGELES- Northern Trust Open tournament officials announced today that Notre Dame Academy in West Los Angeles has been awarded a matching funds contribution of $10,000 from Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) through the tournament's TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ fundraising program. 

    TICKETS Fore CHARITY offers Los Angeles County non-profit organizations the opportunity to raise funds by promoting tickets sales to the Northern Trust Open, scheduled for February 14-19, 2012, at the historic Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades.  As part of the program, Northern Trust is giving participating charities an additional incentive by offering up to $50,000 in bonus pool matching donations for the organization(s) that raise the most funds at three designated time periods during the six months prior to the tournament.  The next opportunity for bonus pool matching donation from Northern Trust is Friday, January 6, 2012.

    "Charitable giving is a deeply rooted part of Northern Trust's culture, and we strive to invest in communities across the globe," said Northern Trust Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Frederick H. Waddell. "Since becoming the sponsor of the Northern Trust Open, we have worked to build the charitable impact of the tournament on local non-profit groups, and we are pleased to support Notre Dame Academy as the winner of our first bonus pool competition."

    Northern Trust Open Executive Director Jerry West said, "We'd like to congratulate Notre Dame Academy for setting the bar during this first stretch of our TICKETS Fore CHARITY program.  I hope other charitable organizations take note that this program can result in significant fundraising in a time when charitable dollars are becoming increasingly hard to come by. Thank you to Northern Trust for continuing to show that this event is committed to having a tremendous impact on our community."

    Established in 1949 by the Sisters of Notre Dame, Notre Dame Academy is a fully accredited, private college preparatory school for young women located in West Los Angeles.  Students come from more than 80 ZIP code areas throughout the greater Los Angeles area for the school's unique educational experience, which combines a value-centered program with a challenging and comprehensive academic curriculum emphasizing personal growth and appreciation for the global community.

    "We are delighted to be involved with the Northern Trust Open TICKETS Fore CHARITY program," said Notre Dame Academy Advancement Director Nancy Ehrmann.  "Winning the first bonus of $10,000 is exceptional and will go directly toward student scholarships.  We worked hard getting our constituents involved early on, but it was not that difficult promoting the ticket sales.  Riviera Country Club is a stunning venue, the Northern Trust Open is a fabulous tournament, and the tickets make great stocking stuffers for family, friends and co-workers."

    Participation in the 2012 Northern Trust Open TICKETS Fore CHARITY program is open to all 501(c)3 non-profit organizations.  There are no sign up fees and no cost or risk to participating organizations.  Through TICKETS Fore CHARITY, non-profit organizations promote the sale of specially-priced daily grounds ($30), weekly grounds ($80, valid Tuesday-Sunday) and/or weekly clubhouse tickets ($275 Tuesday-Sunday) to the 2012 Northern Trust Open, with 100 percent of the net proceeds benefiting Los Angeles-area non-profits. 

    The non-profit promoting the ticket sales receives 80 percent of the net proceeds from each ticket sold, with the remaining 20 percent donated to the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce Charity Foundation - an organization dedicated to enriching the lives of young professionals in the greater Los Angeles area to develop strong corporate, civic and non-profit leaders through professional growth, leadership development, personal enrichment and community involvement.

    Non-profit organizations interested in participating in the Northern Trust Open's TICKETS Fore CHARITY program may contact Kristi Lee Fowlks in the tournament office at (310) 573.5810 or  

    For Northern Trust Open ticket information, visit