The success of all PGA TOUR events is dependent on the dedication and abilities of its volunteers. The CIMB Classic is no different. As a volunteer, you will be part of the core team that ensures the smooth running of the entire tournament.
This prestigious event is the first ever PGA TOUR sanctioned event in the region and will feature world-class players from the PGA TOUR and past champions like Justin Thomas, Ryan Moore, Nick Watney, Bo Van Pelt and Ben Crane, and many more. This premier golf tournament, which is also sanctioned by the Asian Tour, will be held from October 20-23, 2016 at TPC Kuala Lumpur. With a line of top golf stars competing for a prize purse amounting to US$7 million, it is set to draw big crowds and worldwide media coverage.
CIMB Classic, now an official event and part of the FedExCup, is managed and operated by the Championship Management division of the PGA TOUR. Now more than ever, we need volunteers to participate in this event. We know that the dedication and the professionalism of our volunteers will ensure that this tournament lives up to its name.
Being a volunteer is a unique offer. You get to be near the players and experience the most out of a PGA TOUR event. It is a golden opportunity that is highly coveted by many golf fans. Usually, fans would pay to become a volunteer as they are able to enjoy these benefits.
We are looking for dedicated golf enthusiasts to come aboard the volunteering team to make the CIMB Classic 2016 experience an unforgettable one!
- Admissions - Greet and check patrons for proper credentials, sell tickets, provide information to the public and check for prohibited items which are not allowed on the grounds.
- Corporate Hospitality - Greet guests and check for proper credentials. Assist marshals with noise control in hospitality areas.
- Course Marshal - Like a traffic police (but only limited to the course), your job is to ensure that all spectators remain silent and under control while the players fully concentrate on making their shots.
- Leaderboards - Update and manage on-course manual leaderboards with scores/hole status provided by scoring control.
- Media Services - Assist PGA TOUR media officials with registration and welcome local and international media.
- Player Services - Assist with player registration and services throughout the week.
- Practice Area - Sort and Distribute range balls to players and oversee the general management of players' needs while at the driving range.
- Roving Marshals - Manage player movement in high traffic areas on golf course, driving range, green to tees, outside ropes.
- Special Event Services - Assist in registration and gift distribution for the Pro-Am tournament and any special functions throughout the week
- Scoring Control - One of the most important roles in the event, you need to ensure that all scores are accurate and up-to-date. Golf knowledge is required for this.
- Spectator Information - As the frontliners for the CIMB Classic, you will be the first person anyone would go to for any information related to the event.
- Supply Distribution - Distribute and maintain on-course supplies such as drinks, pairing sheets, programs etc.
- Television - The CIMB Classic will be broadcasted on television across the globe. You will be assisting the TV crews with equipment and run errands.
- Volunteer Administration - Coordinate all the volunteers according to their groups and distribute food and beverages to volunteers on the course.
Volunteer Requirements and Benefits
1.Week-long official apparel (T-shirt and cap)
2.Week-long volunteer admittance credentials
3.Week-long volunteer parking voucher
4.Volunteers Golf Day (date TBC)
5.Volunteers Info Kit
6.Meals on the day you work(breakfast, lunch and hi-tea)
Volunteers will be required to work and participate in activities throughout the four days of the tournament, Thursday - Sunday. They will need to attend a familiarisation prior to tournament week.
1.All volunteers should have some understanding of golf. However, there are many roles available that do not require complete knowledge of the game
2.Volunteers must have good command of English, both written and spoken.
3.All volunteers are required to be courteous and attentive in their roles at all times.
4.Good social and interpersonal skills are also required as all the roles involve working with others.
5.Volunteers are not allowed to ask players for their autographs while in uniform.
6.Volunteers will attend a compulsory interview prior to the event.
7.All volunteers must be at least 18 years old as of 1st October 2016
For more information on volunteering for the 2016 event contact Emma Pye at EmmaPye@pgatourhq.com or Click Here!