THE PLAYERS hosting Mother's Day 'Pink Out' on SundayMay 11, 2012
Ward Clayton, special to PGATOUR.COM
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Don't put away your Easter clothing just yet. The garb will find a good use on Sunday at THE PLAYERS Championship when a Mother's Day "Pink Out" is held in celebration of mothers and in support of breast cancer research.
Players, caddies, sponsors, volunteers and fans are encouraged to wear pink to TPC Sawgrass in support of The Donna Foundation, a Jacksonville, Fla., charitable organization that raises funds for ground-breaking breast cancer research at Mayo Clinic and women living with breast cancer. For every fan in attendance on Sunday, THE PLAYERS will donate $1 to The Donna Foundation.
Other features of Sunday's "Pink Out" include:
• A Mother's Day Car Giveaway. Mothers, age 18 and older, may register at the Stadium Village to win a Toyota Camry Hybrid, which is on display. The winner must be present for the drawing during the closing ceremony at approximately 7 p.m. on the Lower Clubhouse Lawn.
• Pink flowers throughout THE PLAYERS Stadium Course.
• "Pink Out"-themed Mother's Day pins distributed to mothers in attendance.
• THE PLAYERS 5K with Donna participants, wearing their pink shirts, can gain access to "The 5K with Donna Foundation Courtyard."
• The Sawgrass Splash, THE PLAYERS' signature cocktail, will be pink.
• Golf balls used at the PwC 17th Hole Challenge in the Stadium Village will be pink.
• TPC Sawgrass will offer breakfast and brunch in "Nineteen" on Mother's Day. Fans with breakfast reservations can gain access to the clubhouse without a clubhouse ticket. Brunch reservations require a clubhouse ticket.