Humana launches national Well-Being tourtext sizeA Humana Challenge attendee uses pedal power to create a smoothie at the debut of the Humana Well-Being Tour.January 18, 2012
PGA TOUR staff
LA QUINTA, Calif. ---- Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation's leading health care companies, today debuted a mobile wellness center as part of anationwide health initiative. The Humana Well-Being Tour, a 53-foot, custom-designed tractor trailer, is an interactive hub that will tour the country for eight months and meet people where they live to give them a fresh perspective on healthy living.
The Well-Being Tour, launched today on the first day of theHumana Challenge golf tournament, is aninteractive wellness hub withactivities designed to engage and educate including:
• Walkit: People willreceive a pedometer with an RFID tag through theHumanaFitprogram to track their steps during the tournament and beyond.
• Humana Bike Stations: Visitors willuse "pedal power" to operate a blender bike and create theirown smoothies, or power their way to a glass of water.
• Humana Biometrics Stations: Participants will visit one of four (non-invasive) biometric screening stations to receive personalized health results and ask questions of qualified professionals.
• Xbox Kinect: Peoplewillexperience the Humana co-branded Xbox Kinect "Your Shape" game that demonstrates how being healthy can also be fun.
• Photo Station: Visitors will share physical feats using green screen technology.
• Well-Being Wall: People will join in a living collage by sharing personal definitions of well-being.
Following the debut of the Well-Being Tour at the Humana Challenge, the mobile unit will make stops across the country through September. During this time, the Tour will visit multiple PGA TOUR events, Humana guidance centers, multi-generational playground construction sites and various health-focused venues.