Round 2 Notes: Chevron World ChallengeDecember 03, 2010
PGA TOUR staff
Weather: Mostly cloudy with afternoon temperatures reaching 65 degrees with variable winds at 5-10 mph.RelatedRound 2 Scores
Round 3 Tee Times
Round 2 Wrap-up
Inside the Course
• Tiger Woods extended his lead to four strokes over Graeme McDowell after the second round of play at the Chevron World Challenge. Woods shot a bogey-free round today and stands at 13-under 131 (65-66).
• Woods' lowest first 36-hole total on the PGA TOUR this season was 137 at the Deutsche Bank Championship (72-65).
• The last time Woods held sole possession of a lead in back-to-back rounds on TOUR was the last two rounds of the 2009 BMW Championship.
• The 2009 PGA Championship was the last time Woods held sole possession of the lead in three consecutive rounds (Rd 1-3).
• Woods has seven straight rounds in the 60s at the Chevron World Challenge, a personal-best in this event.
• Out of Woods' 12 PGA TOUR starts this season, he only scored in the 60s two times in the second round (69/the Memorial Tournament and 65/Deutsche Bank Championship). Those two tournaments are also the only time in 2010 that Woods posted back-to-back rounds in the 60s.
• Woods' only lead after any round on TOUR in 2010 was when he was tied for the lead with Vaughn Taylor after the first-round at The Barclays.
• Coming into the Chevron, the last time Woods held sole possession of a lead on TOUR was after the second-round of the 2009 TOUR Championship.
• Woods' only bogey-free round on the PGA TOUR in 2010 came during the third-round of the Deutsche Bank Championship. It was his first bogey-free round since a first-round 67 at the 2009 PGA Championship.
• Luke Donald (T3) shot 66 today to move five shots off the lead. Donald's best round on the PGA TOUR in 2010 was a 65 at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. Donald's career best round on TOUR is a 63 at the 2007 Sony Open in Hawaii.
• Paul Casey shot a bogey-free 7-under 65 to move fifth-place. Casey's career best round on TOUR is a 64 which he has shot three times, most recently at the 2010 Honda Classic.
• Casey recorded a hole-in-one on the 186 yard, par-3 12th hole with a 7-iron. There were 38 aces on TOUR in 2010.
• Jim Furyk (2009), Woods (2001, 2004, 2006 and 2007) and Donald (2005) are the only former champions of the Chevron World Challenge in the field this year.
• Woods has finished in the top 2 at this event in seven of his nine starts. Woods finished 10thin 2000 and T14 in 2005.
Player Position Relation to par Rory McIlroy T3 -8 Nick Watney T6 -5 Dustin Johnson 10th -3 Bubba Watson T13 +1 Matt Kuchar 17th +2
• A total of five players are competing in their first Chevron World Challenge. Here's a look at where they stand:
• Stewart Cink (48th) is the lowest ranked player in the field in the Official World Golf Ranking.
Round Front 9 Back 9 Total Cumulative Thursday 36.111 35.277 71.388 --- Friday 35.000 34.333 69.333 70.361
• Scoring Averages at the par-72 Sherwood Country Club:
• The toughest hole so far this week is the 228-yard, par-3 8th hole, with a stroke average of 3.222. Sherwood Country Club's easiest hole this week is the 563-yard, par-5 16th (4.500).
• There were no bogey-free rounds on Thursday. Woods and Casey had the two bogey-free rounds on Friday.
• Bubba Watson had a double eagle on the par-5 16th hole. His second shot was with a 4-iron from 283 yards. There were six double eagles on the PGA TOUR in 2010, four in 2009 and only one in 2008. Watson has never had a double eagle on the PGA TOUR.
• With a victory this week at the Chevron World Challenge, Woods can overtake Lee Westwood in the Official World Golf Rankings, if Westwood is not in the Top-2 at the Nedbank Golf Challenge. Regardless of what happens this week, Westwood will be No. 1 at the end of the year even if Tiger wins this week (i.e. Westwood will retain or regain the No. 1 spot on the degradation of past Ranking points).