Weather: A storm system moved through the area on Saturday morning, dumping a half-inch of rain on the course. As a result, a two-tee start was used with groups going off both No. 1 and No. 10 at 10:20 a.m. and lift, clean and place rules were in effect. Mostly cloudy for the rest of the day with highs near 80 degrees and winds from the WSW at 10-15 mph.
Recap of the Round: Tommy Armour III and Nick Price are tied for the lead after 36 holes. Price's 7-under 65 allowed him to post a 10-under score after two rounds while Armour followed up his 8-under 63 with a 69 today. Don Pooley, a winner at Glen Oaks Country Club in 2003, also posted a 65, his best round on this course, and trails the leaders by only one stroke.
• With Tommy Armour III and Nick Price tied for the 36-hole lead, this marks the first time in tournament history that two players have the same score after two rounds. Price finds himself in basically the same position he's been in the last two years at Glen Oaks. Last year, he led by one stroke and lost to Mark McNulty in a playoff. Two years ago, he led by one stroke, carded a final-round 69, but finished T3 after a three-putt bogey on the final green.
• A comparison of Nick Price's stats after 36 holes in each of the last three years at Glen Oaks:
• Thus far on the 2010 Champions Tour, Saturday leaders/co-leaders have won six of the 10 official events played. The Principal Charity Classic has had its second-round leader(s) win five of the nine events -- Jim Thorpe (2001), Don Pooley (2003), D.A. Weibring (2004), Gil Morgan (2006) and Jay Haas (2007).
• Tomorrow's winner will earn 259 Charles Schwab Cup points. Fred Couples leads the 2010 Schwab Cup race with 1,367 points but is currently T22 this week after 36 holes. Tom Lehman, idle on the Champions Tour this week, is in second place with 1,095 points. Nick Price, this week's 36-hole leader, is currently in 4th place in the Schwab Cup standings with 613 points. Points are awarded to only the top-10 finishers each week based on a per-thousand basis. At the end of the official season, the player with the most Schwab Cup points will earn a $1 million payout.
• The Final Grouping:
• Nick Price is 1-7 in his Champions Tour career when leading or tied for the lead going into the last round. Tommy Armour III has only been in this position one time thus far on the Champions Tour. He was tied with Tim Simpson for the 36-hole lead earlier this year at the Allianz Championship in Boca Raton and finished T9 on The Old Course at Broken Sound.
• With the field playing preferred lies today, the scoring average for Round 2 was 69.795 vs. 70.744 yesterday. The overall cumulative stroke average for the first two rounds is 70.269. Last year after 36 holes, the field stroke average was 71.369.
• Fred Funk carded a 7-under-par 64 today, his lowest round on the Champions Tour since posting the same number in Round 1 of the 2009 Senior British Open at Sunningdale and the low 2nd round score at this year's Principal Charity Classic. Funk's round today vaulted him up 40 spots into a T17, the biggest move by any player in the field.
• Bruce Lietzke's 2-under 70 today was his 20th career tournament round. He's now had 10 consecutive rounds in the 70s at this event after running off a streak of 10 straight rounds in the 60s.
• Bill Glasson withdrew after the round with a bad back.