Weather: Cloudy and cooler with occasional light showers during the day. The high temperature was 70 with southerly winds at 5-10 mph.
• Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf 36-hole leaders scores over the last seven better-ball team events:
• Andy Bean and his partner Lu Chien-soon had the round of the day. After making the turn at 3-under-par following Bean's birdie, Bean made an eagle at No. 10 and the pair followed with seven straight birdies and shot a 9-under-par 27 on the back nine to finish with a 12-under-par 60.
• The team of Bob Tway and Blaine McCallister will begin Sunday's final round just one stroke off the pace. The duo made just two birdies on the front nine, but Tway drained a 20-foot eagle putt at No. 10 and hit the shot of the day at No. 15, holing an 8-iron from 157 yards for an ace. McCallister and Tway finished with a 9-under-par 63 for the second consecutive day and are currently at 18-under-par 126. They share second place with the team of Nick Price/Mark O'Meara. • Andy North and Tom Watson, the 2008 champions, ran their streak of consecutive holes without a bogey to 252 after another bogey-free effort on Saturday. Since becoming teammates in 2006, the pair has played 14 consecutive bogey-free rounds. During this span, Watson and North are a combined 121-under-par after 14 rounds in the tournament.
• Bob Tway's hole-in-one earned the Hunter Army Airfield and Fort Stewart's Chaplains Fund $25,000 courtesy of Liberty Mutual. It was part of the Birdies for Charity program.
• World Golf Hall of Fame members Hale Irwin and Larry Nelson turned in a productive day, shooting an 11-under-par 61. They are currently in fifth place and trail by three strokes.
• The winners of the Legends Division at the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf will each receive 230 points in the season-long Charles Schwab Cup race. Fred Couples is the current leader with 931 points followed by Bernhard Langer with 734. Tom Watson is third with 437 points. At the end of the official season, the player with the most Schwab Cup points will earn a $1 million payout.
• John Bland and Graham Marsh posted their first win in the Raphael Division since 1997 when they won a one-stroke victory over Bruce Lietzke and Bill Rogers. Bland and Marsh each earned $60,000 for their victory. They ended the two-year reign of Gary Koch and Roger Maltbie, who finished third. • Sunday is Military Appreciation Day at the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf. Opening ceremonies will start at 8 a.m. on the No. 1 tee and feature color guard by the 3rd Infantry Division at Ft. Stewart, an invocation from Chaplain Captain Terry Hill (3rd Combat Aviation Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division) and singing of the national anthem. Also participating in the ceremony will be Colonel Stuart McRae, Rear Detachment Commander of the 3rd Infantry at Ft. Stewart. Free admission is being offered to all retired and active military and their families who show ID at the gate. Complimentary food and beverages will be available for retired and active military members and their families in the Military Outpost near hole No. 17.
• The weather forecast calls for additional rain showers in the area this evening with a 70 percent chance of more rain in the area on Sunday with possible thunderstorms.