Fans, charities can participate in large Big Cedar Lodge Legends of Golf payout
$3.8 Million possible total payout via purse and hole-in-one shootout
June 07, 2014
- There will be a lot of happy people if someone hits a hole-in-one on the fourth hole Sunday. (Chris Condon/PGA TOUR)
RIDGEDALE, Mo. – When the final putt drops this Sunday, the Big Cedar Lodge Legends of Golf presented by Bass Pro Shops will deliver the largest purse on the 2014 Champions Tour schedule at $2.8 million.
Presenting sponsor Bass Pro Shops has raised the stakes this week with an additional $1 million hole-in-one shootout on Sunday, bringing the total potential prize money to $3.8 million. The $1 million shot will take place at Hole No. 4 at Top of the Rock. Fans may register for the chance to be paired with a participating player who will attempt the hole-in-one shot.
If a Champions Tour legend from one of the two divisions (Champions or Legends) sinks the hole-in-one shot, $1 million will be split among the player and his professional teammate, the participating fan as well as the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and College of the Ozarks, the benefiting charities of the tournament, in the following amounts:
• $333,333.33 will be awarded to the golf professional who made the winning shot (shared with partner)
• $333,333.33 will be awarded to the first prize winner paired up with the golf pro who made the winning shot
• $166,666.67 will be awarded to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
• $166,666.67 will be awarded to the College of the Ozarks
To qualify for the $1 million shootout, fans and spectators may complete an application on-site at the Big Cedar Lodge Legends of Golf presented by Bass Pro Shops (until 10 a.m. CT on June 8).
Championship rounds at the Big Cedar Legends of Golf presented by Bass Pro Shops began Friday at Top of the Rock and Buffalo Ridge Golf Course. Tickets to the tournament are still available and can be purchased at Top of the Rock and Buffalo Ridge Golf Course.