Charles Schwab Cup: TICKETS Fore CHARITYtext sizeAugust 18, 2011
PGA TOUR staff
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. -- Tournament officials at the Charles Schwab Cup Championship have announced that Bay Area charitable organizations will once again have the opportunity to participate in TICKETS Fore CHARITY, an innovative fundraising platform designed to improve the quality of life in communities where PGA TOUR and Champions Tour events are held. Presented by the Charles Schwab Foundation, the program will offer registered 501 (c)(3) public charities a chance to raise funds for their organizations by promoting ticket sales to the Charles Schwab Cup Championship, the Champions Tour's final event of the season, to be held Nov. 3-6 at TPC Harding Park.
TICKETS Fore CHARITY enables participating charities to promote the sale of tournament tickets to benefit their organization. One hundred percent of net proceeds from tickets purchased through the program will go to charity; 75 percent of the net proceeds benefit the promoting charity and the remaining 25 percent of the net proceeds will benefit The First Tee of San Francisco.
The First Tee of San Francisco is a unique youth development program that uses the sport of golf to teach young people life skills. Students spend time on the course and in a classroom setting exploring the values that lead to success in golf and in life: integrity, honesty, self-control, and self reliance. First Tee students do not just become golfers - they become committed and contributing members of their respective communities. The First Tee of San Francisco serves over 1,600 students a year at the TPC Harding Park and Visitacion Valley Middle School facilities.
"The TICKETS Fore CHARITY program is an excellent way for participating charities to raise funds at absolutely no costs to their organization," said Tom Clark, Executive Director of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship. "Fans have the opportunity to watch some of the best players of our generation compete at TPC Harding Park, while generating revenue for charitable organizations in our community."
For more information on the program or to find out how your non-profit organization can participate in TICKETS Fore CHARITY, please visit the TICKETS Fore CHARITY website at www.schwabcuptfc.com or contact Kristi Lee Fowlks in the tournament office at 415.566.7287. Tickets are $25 for an Any Day Grounds Ticket to the Charles Schwab Cup Championship good Thursday, Nov. 3 -- Sunday, Nov. 6.
Featuring the top-30 money leaders of the season, the Charles Schwab Cup Championship is the culminating event in the Champions Tour's "Road to the Charles Schwab Cup," a year-long competition that awards points to top-10 finishers and ties in 25 official money events. Players such as Fred Couples, Tom Lehman, Corey Pavin, Nick Price and Tom Watson are expected to join defending champion John Cook and last year's Charles Schwab Cup winner Bernhard Langer in the field. Both the winner of the tournament, as well as the year-long Charles Schwab Cup winner, will be crowned at TPC Harding Park on Nov. 6. Since 2003, the Charles Schwab Cup Championship has donated nearly $3 million to Bay Area charities.