18 things about Arnold Palmer
March 18, 2014
- Top left: Arnold Palmer's grandchildren Annie, Emily, Sam and Katie. Bottom left: Palmer's grandchildren Will and Anna. Middle: Palmer's beloved dog, Mulligan. Far right: Palmer and his wife Kit. (Courtesy of Palmer family)
Nobody knows the PGA TOUR pros better than their wives. PGATOUR.COM has asked several TOUR wives to provide 18 things we should know about their husbands. This installment was written by Kit Palmer, wife of World Golf Hall of Famer Arnold Palmer.
RELATED CONTENT: Order the PGA TOUR Wives commemorative book
By Kit Palmer
Arnold and I managed a very quiet, private wedding in Hawaii nine years ago. Those present were Pastor Ron, Arnold, me and a stray cat on the beach.
Since then we’ve been enjoying one another and our (in common) five children, 14 grandchildren and and Arnold's six great-grandchildren.
It is truly difficult to find ANYTHING about Arnold that most people don’t already know, but here goes:
1. He loves to watch westerns on TV.
2. He occasionally wins when playing dominos with me.
3. Arnold can pack away four dozen oysters at a sitting.
4. He would much rather be too hot than too cold.
5. After buying sweatpants he cuts the elastic off the leg bottoms.
6. Arnold often takes power naps at his desk.
7. He often cries during the National Anthem.
8. His pet peeve: men wearing hats indoors.
9. He considers a drive more than 5 miles a major journey.
10. Arnold loves country western music.
11. He frets a lot before public speaking.
12. Bologna alone could sustain him.
13. He WILL NOT have a cat as a pet.
14. He prefers men to be clean shaven.
15. He often wears loafers without socks.
16. When writing longhand, only his signature is legible.
17. He does not care for “designer” food (and loves comfort food).
18. Dark chocolate is his all-time “FAV” treat.